translate

Thursday 2 November 2017

THE LAUGHING TRAIN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Well everything packed and that includes our dog food, treats, dog bags, oh, and clothes. The weekend is forecast to be very cold. But dry. Now all I need to worry about is getting on our train and off again. I hate getting on and off trains. And my Waggatail really is naughty as she tries to eat anything that may have dropped in the seating area. So, whilst I’m struggling to walk in a straight line, she’s pulling me in the seats. Then there’s the gap getting off the train, oh, boy.

 

We have our board game to play my friend will read this and laugh. Priorities our friend Like called us leaving a message on Alexa asking if we had the game. We normally play on the Saturday after breakfast. If we could see we would for sure go for a walk along the beach or something, but instead we will enjoy each other’s company in the cottage. I hope it will be nice and warm in there, I think it’s going to be as low as zero. We are booked in for the posh restaurant on the first night then the bar for night two. Oh, and then there is Sunday lunch and that is the best. Mind you, the breakfasts are rather spectacular. I won’t be getting on the scales when I get home, not for at least two and a half weeks.

 

It will be so lovely to spend time with our besties as normally when we see each other it’s for about six hours then we have to head for a train home or they do if they visit us as we don’t live near each other.

 

Today was a lovely one spent time with my friend Di who I haven’t seen for ages and we had a great chat. Just like the old days. Smile. My new make up arrived and it came with loads of little samples and Di kindly read them out to me the only trouble is, remembering what is what. She’s so natural though, for someone who has full sight she is great at describing.  

 

Some laughter quotes I have been reading today.

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Snore and you sleep alone.

If you can’t change the people around you, you can change the people who you choose to be around.

If you don’t laugh at life it will surely kill you.

And finally, I love this poem by


 

“Laugh, and the world laughs with you;

Weep, and you weep alone;

For the sad old earth must borrow its mirth,

But has trouble enough of its own.

Sing, and the hills will answer;

Sigh, it is lost on the air;

The echoes bound to a joyful sound,

But shrink from voicing care.

Rejoice, and men will seek you;

Grieve, and they turn and go;

They want full measure of all your pleasure,

But they do not need your woe.

Be glad, and your friends are many;

Be sad, and you lose them all,

There are none to decline your nectared wine,

But alone you must drink life’s gall.

Feast, and your halls are crowded;

Fast, and the world goes by.

Succeed and give, and it helps you live,

But no man can help you die.

There is room in the halls of pleasure

For a large and lordly train,

But one by one we must all file on

Through the narrow aisles of pain.

 

OK Bloggets, be safe happy and loads to tell you when I return but take a look at some old blogs as there are over three and a half thousand in total.

 


 

 

 

 

 

No comments: