translate

Saturday 1 November 2014

HALLOWEEN DIARY


 Hub had a rare day off work yesterday. It was a very warm day, the hottest we have had on record for October in the UK. About 21 in parts of our country which I think is around 65, but don’t hold me to that.

We had breakfast at our leisure. No pressure. Tidied up the kitchen and decided to go to the bigger shops near us. I wanted to get Wagga to work and I dare not go alone to these shops, though when I go with my Husband, we know the route and he doesn’t really, so I for once was in charge of the driving wheel.

Firstly, would my dog find the right crossing for our first road? Answer, yes, she did.

Then the difficult part, would she find the right place to stop for the bus? There is no shelter or obvious sign it is on a country lane surrounded by prickly rose bushes. She found it, I put my hand out to feel if there was some kind of pole with a sign high up higher than I could reach and I’m very tall.  But the post would signify we were there. As I said, there is nothing to show us where to stop, until she has stopped then I feel. I did this, of course the roses made it a challenge but buried among the rose thorns, was a pole. So I kind of hoped it was the sign and not the lamp post?

We waited. I praised her as we were almost sure it was the correct place. She has walked past that more than I can count. The bus came, we got on, I of course had to drag her on whilst Hub and LC confidently marched a head. Found a seat and pulling my sniffing dog up the aisle, we found our seat. The bus pulled up and I went to get off. Having to really encourage my dog again to walk? I mean, to just walk would be good, I can forget her guiding me. Got off the bus, she walked forward, this is good as this was the right direction, that’s if the bus pulled up in the right place of course and sometimes we wouldn’t know if it had or not till it was too late. But it did and we slammed into a person, not sure man or woman, but whoever needed a bit more meat on them, as they were boney. I said sorry, told Wagga to find forward, she turned to the right to get past this person. Slam into another. Oh God, this was going to be a nightmare?

Anyway, just after then, got away from the awful noisy road and bus engines and found my Barings. I asked if Hub was behind me. He was. So then Wagga got into her zone and worked like a dream, but you see what I mean? I couldn’t do this on my own, without the support and back up of Hub. Anyway, we weaved in and out of the shopping trolleys and many shoppers. The avoidance of the tall concrete pillars holding the outside roof was a good thing by Wagga.

The tables outside of the coffee shop she avoided. Great, streight into the pet shop. I bought a couple of things, the lady gave the dogs a treat and out we came. Right into the coffee shop. Oh Wags was great. The staff in there are amazing and Hub and I had a coffee and snack. It was a delight, I was so happy, what a difference it makes when I can get out and feel some good.

We talked and talked Hub and I, I love him so much, he is so clever and we can talk about anything in the world and I find him as inspiring today as I did when we were children at school and as I did when we were reunited after a twenty eight year gap apart. He is food for my brain and the blood to my heart.

Time to walk back now, Wagga was perfect, didn’t even sniff and guided me better than ever. Found the bench to get her treat and from the bench, I know the bus is close to there. Of course, no way we could get on the bus ourselves, really Wagga’s puppy walker I doubt took her near a bus or train. Such a real shame. But Hub to the rescue and on we got; again, I had to drag Wagga on. She doesn’t deal at all with noise and really really stresses about it.

Now, when to get off. Again, there are no obvious signs so we misjudged our stop, but when we got off, I knew how to get home and again, Wagga got ten out of ten for her guiding, got home and started to cook Halloween food. A wonderful evening with my little family. Our Son was great, we had a lovely time handing out treats to the cute children who came to our house all dressed up and they were so polite. Our Pumpkin smiled facing the window all lit up and we watched a fun movie eating our sweeties like the children we are, then of course, half ten at night, Teens friends drove up to collect him. They went out. They had been in bed all day or working, and now time to play and play they did.

It’s mid-day and he is still in bed, this is rare for him, as he is te one who is up like normal times? His friends are the ones who show vampire signs, haha, they are good kids though. But yesterday was great I loved it, such a very simple thing to do, but I am grateful for it.

No comments: