translate

Monday 10 November 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Happy birthday Dad

By Fiona Cummings

 I wish I could say those words dear Dad

To say them so you could hear

I hope you have found another path

A life you can steer

Time without you makes me so sad

Your voice is fading from my memory

The guilt I feel is bad

As forever you will be my family

But it was your time to go and leave this land

 I miss your huge and gentle hand

Holding mine with such love

I hope you are flying high

With angels above

As I look to the sky

I wish I could see you one more time

Just to know you are well and fine

I wish I could hear your voice again

As this distance fills me with pain

I wish I could say those words today

As I light a candle in your name

I wish I could give you gifts from me to you

A card with a verse or two

But I can’t because you have gone away

So many years now

But feels sometimes like yesterday

I want to say those words, but how?

Can you even hear me?

I need to say those two words to you

I wish I knew you could see me?

I want to tell you I love you

Each and every day

 But as specially today for your birthday

I hope you have the finest cake

With candles which will warm your winters

And be given the softest gloves

That will protect your fingers from splinters

I want to buy another jumper for your collection

I wish I could have for a few seconds your affection

 And hear your laughter too

I just want to say Dad

Happy birthday to you!

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2014

No comments: