translate

Friday 21 November 2014

DIARY WINTER IN THE AIR


Hi Bloggets

Letting my dogs out today, the smell of that old familiar friend Jack Frost came to me as well as chimney smoke from the neighbour’s wood burning fires. Combined with the fragrance from our local chocolate factory, made it a real wintery day. Crisp and pleasant.

 

I’m waiting for my neighbour to come over for a cupper and chat. My Canary is in full flow. I was worried as yesterday he didn’t make a sound, not at all like him. I know someone who has canaries and his birds can go four months without singing. Gosh, I think it’s because he keeps them in the conservatory. I wouldn’t dare, ours gets too cold, even though there is heating in there.

 

Our canary is pampered in the heat of our lounge. Though I wish teen would clean the cage out more! Having said that, he is happy, yesterday was a one off. Funny, I will so miss him when he goes to the forever sky, as I love him. Stupid, he’s a bird? But he is always happy and really when the house is so quiet, I love to hear his song.

 

Today is a day when I really can’t be bothered with house work. I really can’t. I didn’t want to get out of bed, though I can say, neither did Hub? Oh heck, that was almost a nightmare. First thing we know is I received a text, well thankfully I didn’t turn off my phone and again thankfully the taxi driver picking up Hub text us to say he was there, or, we would have kept sleeping.

 

Our boy is quiet when he first gets up. After he has cooked his breakfast that is, then, oh the beautifying begins and the noise is part of that. So didn’t hear him. I checked the text at the same time as Hub jumped out of bed taking the time from the radio. It read

7.44am.

Heck, it was the driver and Hub should be now in the car.

He got ready in four minutes. Hahahahaha. No shower or shave a quick wash and threw on his clothes. Thank God today isn’t a day when he is interviewing, though he is off to someone’s house to do a house visit for a match for a guide dog. Oh well, let’s hope for Hubs sake, they can’t see? Hehehehehe.

Unshaved and no hair brushed, though hopefully he will have a comb in his work bag, if he remembered that?

 

Teen on the other hand, left the house at twenty to nine. To start college at nine. One hour journey. Yep, do the sums?

 

He is not home till about sevenish, though I really doubt he knows for sure yet as it’s not last minute.

 

After I let my dogs out, they went back to bed. Funny thing, when LC is at work with Hub, little Wagga paces the floor all day but when Lc is home, she will stay in bed with LC, till lunch time.

 

A parcel came today that I ordered for Hub for Christmas. Oh I am really disappointed. Again, not at all like the description. Such a shame, it was a fortune too! Really, whatever he bought me from Amazon through the week, Hub is also cross about it as when he took it out of the box, again, in front of me, as what difference does it make, all I heard was

“Oh my God.”

Then teen cracked up laughing. Hub said it’s fit for the bin. Hehehe, that’s me Christmas gift?

Really, it’s awful shopping on line and it’s getting worse because people are allowed to sell anything from their home and call it a business and even though you pay good money, there are so many sharks out there. But we always look how many marks the item gets out of five and never buy anything under four, but I just think all that’s a lie too and people in general are disingenuous.

 

Later I will tell you what my brother gave me for Christmas. I still can’t believe it.

 

OK will go for now, but before I go, a quote!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: