translate

Tuesday 4 November 2014

NOT IMPOSSIBLE


It’s that time of year again when that infamous guy Jack Frost comes to visit. As I walked along our paths and roads, yes, roads, not by choice. Long story, more later, my fingers were nipping.

It’s November for sure and it’s really odd how it makes it more difficult to find my way in the winter, there is no ice, snow or winds, but today’s weather was really odd. Must have frozen my brain do you think? Haha.

Oh my word. We did have an adventure Wagga and me.

I certainly didn’t intend for one, but others had different ideas. On our walk, I was as close to one of the buildings as possible as it helps me to know where I am. Well, the big path to my left just past Wagga. Then the road. A cyclist, an older gentleman I think, also wanted to be close to the building… Firstly, how did I know he was elderly? All I can say is older men have a smell about them, now stop it? I’m not being horrible, I love old men, as my Dad was an old man, even when he was a young man… Just a smell. You know? Not Weewee. Haha, but kind of paper bag like.

Oh heck, what have I started? Shall I delete this as I’m writing it?

No. It’s what I mean, and you know me, I say what’s in my mind. It’s kind of a smell that has seen so many years. I think only if you can’t see, you will get me? It’s like I usually can smell ladies in their thirties…. Hehehehehe. It’s like gardening experts can smell a flower or plant and know what it is, right?

No?

Oh!

Em… Err

Well, anyway, also the way he walked as he wasn’t cycling at the time. But he really had to try hard to get between me and the wall. And I was not going to move. Well, if I had I would have got lost. And that doesn’t take much. So I stood still. He squeezed by. No words. But his bike wheels went click click. Now how did I know it was a bike? As wheels make different sounds. A shopping trolley or one of those Granny trolleys who my young and trendy friends in their twenties say they are now for young people, but in my eyes they are Granny shoppers. They sound muffled and a pram sounds plastic and harsh. A wheelchair is quiet and as though on carpet but a bike makes a clicking sound… hehehe. Have I finally lost the plot?

Anyway, we walked and walked. Gosh, how much more to do? Then the part where it goes downhill, and I cross over the road, my Wagga went right to the left, is that bad English? Right to the left? Oh well, why break the habit of a blog life?

So I was a little anxious and told her off as she should keep in a streight line. We walked past the garden with the shrub in it that smells all year round. But I couldn’t tell you what kind it was, or how old? Hehehe

I don’t know really what it is but I know if I go in May, or December the smell from it is wonderful and there is never anyone there to ask.

I didn’t know until on the way back from my jobs that Wagga was avoiding something that felt like a skip. She had to walk me in the middle of the road for about a minute, and then walked me to the side, oh I was so disoriented. I really was, but I didn’t feel sick or anxious. Just a little scared. I had to trust her for the first time ever properly. God bless her, she was amazing. She got me to where I wanted to be. Oh today was a huge breakthrough for me and Wags. Really, I bet next time out, we will get totally lost, but today was a real challenge. I had loads to do and on the way back, I went to our shop. The only potatoes they had was a big sack. Heck, how on earth could I carry that with the rest of the shopping I needed? I have to keep a hand free to wave like a lunatic to Wagga when she decides to sniff and go in the wrong direction, on the way back, I couldn’t do that.

My hand was cut and my shoulder felt as though it had been kicked. Now I know at this point my friends will say or tell me I should have a ruck sack. Now, as I have said before, I know this, but it’s so unfeminine? So is falling in the mud because you can’t put your spare hand out I guess? Hehehehehe.

On the way home, I was exhausted as the walk was so different to one I have done before and because I was so exhausted, my head spinning with what was on the road stopping us from getting on the path? How did Wagga know where she was going without instructions? How was I going to get home, I was shattered? Then when we were close to home, I totally was lost, I really was. It was pathetic. This walk had really finished me off. My dog guided me all the way home. She has never done this well before, as really Bloggets, she was on her own. I was no help.

Got through the door. Teen asked if I needed a hand with my bag. Not now Son, twenty minutes ago? Haha.

Well, I have recovered now, but feel like I have done thirty one lengths in the swimming pool.

Tea is cooking, Mash potatoes, carrots, green beans and homemade fish cakes.

For me who knows.

A strong cup of tea.

Maths tutor been. Took her money and off she went.

Last time she will be here. Five weeks and let’s see how teen does, his exam is this week, both of them but won’t find out till January the results. He is meant to go back till then as if he hasn’t passed this time, he takes it again in the summer of next year, but hopefully with the extra tuition he will get by it, though can’t say he has done too much study.

OK, must dash, cook pots are calling.

Until later my dearest Bloggets, and remember, never let anyone bully you into thinking you should get out of the house and do things on your own? No one has a right to do that, only you can decide if you want to give it a try? If you do, good luck as it’s not easy, but one small step for man, or woman, is one step forward in life.

That’s if you’re going in the right direction of course? Xxx

No comments: