translate

Friday 14 November 2014

A WINTERS DIARY


Good morning Bloggets. Well, whilst today my Son was one hour late for college because, ready for this?

“Mum, I have loads of work to do at college as I am behind, so I am going to take it easy, as I don’t get a sleep in tomorrow!”

OK, Mums notes

1, if you have loads of work and you are behind, surely you need to be there on time to fit as much in as possible?

2, less than a week into the job and already it’s affecting your college work, something you said it wouldn’t?

3, only ten weeks into your course and you are starting to go in late. Repetitions of last year? Only difference is this year, I’m really not bothered.

 

My husband is leading a tech course today at work and has more budgeting to do as well as conference calls. I think life for him is sorting itself out at work, as he is getting somewhere with the new employees. He has recruited eight new members in six months but it’s been really difficult, sometimes having to scrap the original applicants and re-advertise for the positions, as he wants so much for the team to get the best. Of course, no one is perfect and he can’t read everyone, but he has been employing people for twenty years, so let’s hope he has success as already I am seeing a huge difference he is making to people’s lives, but it will take a while before  it’s very obvious to the public. His team are brilliant and I know he is delighted with them and their commitment. With that from them, and his passion, I hope leaps a head for V.I.P’s.

 

In the north of England today, it’s really dark and wet. Not too cold though. I was up today at the crack of dawn. I had a delivery I was expecting yesterday, that will link into another blog I will write in time about my day yesterday, as if you read yesterday’s blog, you were left rather confused, as was I!

 

So my parcel? It was Christmas gifts. Hmm. I ordered them on line, you know, one of those blind orders? Well. What can I say? You kind of know what it’s like when you wished you hadn’t bothered doing something?

Yep, not happy.

 

I ordered something for my Son. Well, the thing I ordered I can’t say as someone he knows as in a girl reads these blogs and she will tell him, but there were about nine choices in style, but the description didn’t bother telling me. So all that was written was the name of what I bought. Not the style, of course for the sighted, there were pictures, for the hard of seeing, or in my case impossible of seeing, what good are pictures?

 

So sadly, I am sure teen won’t like what I bought him. Oh it’s so difficult to shop for people. For us too, I told you about the trousers I bought Hub a couple of months ago? If we were at a shop, we wouldn’t have picked them but because we went to the bother of ordering, we kept them. What choice do we have?

Anyway, a jumper for my friend, my friend who has everything and he is the most difficult person in the world next to Hub to buy for. Well, the jumper feels like it is knitted with string

Now it was £33 reduced from £55, so you would think a sheep had been near it at least?

Then there were three Christmas decorations for the tree. Well, what can I say? Words fail me.

OK, no, they have just come to me. Something a child would make for their Mummy at school…

Never mind, hey ho, Christmas is only one day in a year, right?

 

Friends in America reported they are having a really cold November where they live, so got me wondering, what five things can you think about that you like about winter?

For me let me think? Well, let’s try for five see how far I get.

1, cosy jumpers can hide under.

2. Candles, I love them lit.

3. The TV programs are always better.

4. Homemade soups taste better in winter.

5. Now I’m struggling, help me out here?

I can tell you one thing I’m not enjoying about this cooler weather, my blooming canary, he’s Irish you know???? Oh my word, he is not singing a happy tune he sings in the summer, but he is shouting so loudly, no, he’s not stuck in his bars, he’s just being naughty, a rebellious teenager.

 

OK, I have the same old phone but a new number so must let my friends know of it so will go for now but be back later with news. X

No comments: