translate

Tuesday 4 November 2014

DRAMA SO TORN


Good morning Bloggets. Gosh it’s freee’eee’eee’eezing here today. But that is how it should be in November. We have had freakish weather and as I said the other day, the hottest day in October on record in the UK!

 

I have been out to put food for my wild birds, well, wild as in flying free kind, not as in party animal birdies. I don’t feed them during other seasons, but winter I do. Now just to keep the beastie girls away from the food? I have LC today as well as my Wagga, as Hub wanted to give her a break. Yesterday was a tough one for them both. Hub off to work as ever. Teen just left for college. He is getting a lift. His friends are very kind and today I was shocked, as I found out that the college charge for parking? So they park in the local super store. I think it is disgraceful that college charge for parking, but, if they have to, and then let it be cheap, but it’s not, its deer apparently. And if you don’t have a parking ticket, you get fined £60.

I’m all for kids getting public transport and cycling in summer to college, for their health and the environment, but there is times when a car is great, like when you are doing a full day and it’s dark when you leave home and dark when you return. Also if there are a few kids in the car, even better. I don’t like the thought of one person driving one car when they know of another few people who are going to drive to the same place.

 

OK, so, our latest drama, well in comparison to the past year, nothing really, but I don’t know of the outcome.

So, a couple of years ago, I got a man out to fit blinds. So he brought in all of his samples… Nightmare? Haha. For him I’m sure. Rabbit in headlights comes to mind. So I told him I wanted blue for the kitchen as I knew that was the floral design on the centre of the floor tiles. Also I had a lot of blue accessories. He looked at the floor. He looked again then at his books of many colours. We collectively decided that the tiles were a kind of grey blue. So he found the perfect match. His words. Then for the living room. Well, it’s cream and black so my friend bought me a beautiful cushion and it was red. I had red silk roses in my crystal vase and I thought cream blinds with red would look lovely against the dramatic black and the natural creams. He looked for a red. He found loads of reds, but not the kind I wanted. He told me they were pinkie red, no, wine, no, and cherry red. No. At last we found a bright red, but a proper red. See, I can’t see, but I’m fussy with colours. I was happy with the colours for the bedroom too. White with an apricot pattern, as my walls are dark apricot on the bottom, light apricot on the top with a white wooden rail to part the colours to match the white doors in our room.

Well, the day came and our Son was in with Hub.  The guy took ages to put the blinds up. I was happy as they were really great quality. Paid our money and they weren’t cheap either.

He left. I went to look at the blinds again with teen proudly asking him was it a good choice with the kitchen blue for the matching floor? He told me the blinds in the kitchen on both windows, were red.

I laughed as my boy jokes. Or did back then….

Turned out he wasn’t joking, he was serious. Oh Gosh, really? So blue in the living room? Yep.

I said nothing and as it happened it’s OK, as I now have decorated the kitchen red and cream and as for my living room? Well, I have two blue and white plant pots and a blue and white vase as well as loads of lovely ornaments that are also blue and white Ghzel is the make. They are Russian. I collect them and think I have almost all of the collection thanks to my Mum who brought back some when we went to Russia and my friend Olga.

Well, so, I wanted a blind for my Sons bedroom as it was decorated and he didn’t want his curtains, he wanted blinds. So blinds he got. I got the guy to come out again, not so difficult this time as only one room and I told him I wanted the same colour as the walls? If not close as.

Again, we decided on a white blind with very modern shapes of three different kinds of blue. Happy Fi? Em, yes, until he took ages to come out to fit them, then said that he would have to come back, as there was a cut in the blind. Great, but didn’t pay him. So weeks later, as they come from France, obviously by rowing boat…

Second blind fitted to replace the damaged one. I gave him his cheque. Teen came in, I proudly told him the blinds were up fixed. He told me there was a bigger cut in them this time at the bottom so more obvious than the top like the old one. Oh heck. Streight on the phone and I cancelled the cheque. Well, I wrote and told him I had done this and why. He wrote back very nice and said OK. He could come and I quote

“Fix them”

Em, no. I told him no, I had no confidence in him. So he was very nice again and said alright. Well, he would, as I’m sure he thought quickly get the cheque in the bank and say nothing… Well of course blind people can’t phone up and arrange a cancelation of a cheque, and in all fairness we would have found this difficult if not for teen as he read the cereal number out to me for the cheque. Well, after a day, the man obviously found out that the cheque had been cancelled and wrote back via email, saying that he of course would have to come and take the blind away. I wrote back and said no. He has made holes in our walls, not only at the top where the blinds are fitted, but he for some reason, has put a hook on the side for the chain to pull up and down.

Hence another hole.

Now waiting for the next instalment. Probably court. Not our luck to get away with it? I mean, not sure how much I have got away with, as it looks so bad with a gaping rip in it. I’m furious with the silly person as he must have seen it when he was here. I won’t use him again and won’t recommend him. Shame as I said, the blinds are really good quality, mind you, they are probably double the price of other companies, but to get someone to come out to the house is not easy.

But Bloggets now this will make you laugh?

You know what his email is?

Ready for this one? Oh I only realised a couple of days ago, this one cracked me up.

“Theblindman

Did you get that?  Hehehe. Well, perhaps he is blind as didn’t see colours or rips.

OK, I’m out this afternoon. I have to go for money as that time of the week again when teen has his tutor for Maths. Now his exam is coming up he has two. Fingers crossed for him he passes this time? Third time lucky

Let’s turn that D to a C and possibly a B? That will make a happy Fifi!!!!

I have a couple of jobs on this afternoon too so I pray Wagga will be better than she was yesterday? Our canary, Irish you know? Is singing so loudly again, has been for about two hours today already without a break.

I’m sure he is flirting with the ornamental bird I have on a porcelain log next to his cage?

OK, later gators. Xxx

No comments: