translate

Friday 28 November 2014

HISTORY WILL BE RETINITIS PIGMENTOSA BY FIONA CUMMINGS


History will be Retinitis Pigmentosa

By Fiona Cummings

 

I look a head

The journey I dread

Will I get to the top?

Once I start I won’t be able to stop

It’s daunting

The silence is haunting

No voices I can hear

No wheel I can hold and steer

I’m on my own

In this winter zone

Echoes from the song bird

Breezes blowing branches is all that can be heard

One step forward

Two back

I must get to my goal

Before it turns black

Snowy

Slippery

Ground beneath me

Am I mad?

What is going to happen to me?

But it’s what I have to do

Footprints in the now spoiled carpet

You should hear my heartbeat

This is a challenge

A chew

My gloves are frozen

Stuck to the bitter bark

But this must be achieved

Before it’s too dark

No time to cry or grieve

As I take in the beauty from the Lark

He’s OK

He can fly away

I may be here to stay

If I fail

Who will save me?

Death will prevail

It will be my destiny

But I didn’t start this journey to quit

I’m in it to win it

One huge and precarious step to my goal

With only company from my soul

Placing the pole

Finding my feet

I won’t accept defeat

I won’t finish my journey until it’s complete

Don’t look down

No time to wear your frown

Just look to the sky

Don’t ask how when or why

Just know you are getting closer

Soon very soon

Then you will be a hero

You will have touched hearts and the moon

Your limits are endless

You will beat blindness

Because you can do this

You will be helped by a golden hand

A kind heart will love you

A kind ear will understand

You will be guided to the right path

You will be given a map

Together we will meet one day

And all our sorrows will go away

Because this mountain is possible

Though to climb it is horrible

But if you stop and think for a minute

How much so far you have accomplished

Then with a positive smile

Congratulate yourself don’t punish

Come on we are on the last mile

I can see the top of the trek

We are so small in this universe

Just a speck

But we have strength

We can do this together

And the land on the top will be our life forever

History will be Retinitis Pigmentosa

 

 

Copy Right Fiona Cummings 2014

No comments: