translate

Wednesday 12 November 2014

STANDING AT MY GATE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


STANDING AT THE GATE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

Take it all away

I don’t care anymore

It’s a brand new day

To you I’ve closed the door

I stand and wait

At the open gate

To welcome in those who have dreams

Who smile sugared beams

And extend their hand to shake

Who aren’t fake

Who have open arms

And bundles of charms

Who mean no harm

In this new way of life

Keep out of bother

And know how to be

I’ve set myself free

 And know what people mean to me

An honest friend

No need to pretend

A kind word to lend

Story’s we blend

In a mixing bowl, subjects so different

This is what is so brilliant

I’m looking for commitment

Nothing so distant

Not talking miles apart

But close to my heart

Just some kind words

The knowledge I’m not going to be hurt

Feel free like the birds

And breathe with ease

No more begging on my knees

To ask for what, or whom?

This is the new me my very own room

Where bright colours shine

It’s forever summer time

No more darkness

The sun will be mine

Raindrops will be a drink for nature

It’s a new life choice

A different culture

Surrounding myself with pleasure

A happy voice

To rejoice

An open heart

A brand new state

An unlocked door

Standing waiting at my gate

 

Copy right Fiona Cummings 2014

No comments: