translate

Monday 24 November 2014

OUR CHRISTMAS TREE


I just heard a hilarious thing on the radio.

In Newcastle Australia, a student has been arrested for using the Universities equipment to broadcast live solo sex scenes.

The statement from the university read as follows.

“We have made sure that the library has been thoroughly steam cleaned.

Haha haha, yack?

 

How was your weekend? Ours was good. Teen on another hand, didn’t enjoy his at all. He went to stay with someone and had a bad fall. Thankfully he is OK, but his clothes are for the bin.

 

He was to go to an 18th last night, but he didn’t get brought back till too late to go out, so came home, well, it was lovely to have him safely back.

 

He has decided he is to go to university but not until another year.  He is to be a teacher…

 

My brother has kindly got me tickets to see Lionel Richie.

So next year I will be going to his concert.

 

Guess what Hub and I did at the weekend?

Put our Christmas tree up. Teen was disappointed that he had to leave as he wanted to participate, but I had to get the tree up because next weekend, my dear friend Julie is coming and the weekend after, we are off to visit school friends and other friends from my old home town. Sadly we are leaving our dogs with the dog sitter. I wish we were taking them. I hate leaving them as I worry so much.

 

The weekend after that, I hope we will see Hubs Dad and brothers? Then the weekend after that, we are to visit my brother and family. Then it will be Christmas.

 

So Hub climbed the ladder and went into the loft. A brave man! Really, some sighted people wouldn’t be able to do what he does. The boxes he was carrying down were so heavy; it amazes me how he finds everything. Bless him. Together we put up the tree. Same old thing, were the lights working? Well, we plugged them in and waited for them to start to smell as though they were on and hoped they were. I kind of stuck to my plan of orange baubles and some wooden ones, so natural, but then it came to the tinsel? Heck. I knew I had gold and silver. Well, because of the natural colours I have on my tree, and I had some bronze toys, I wanted gold tinsel only, but the silver we used to keep for our real tree in the conservatory. Stupidly they were put in the same box, so mixed up, so I got our colour detector out, well, that is rubbish. It read, blue, so I said to Hub, well, that could be silver? Then on another peace, it read orange. I was happy as that meant gold, surely? Well, then the colour detector decided that it was green, then red then blue, all within five seconds. Hub told me to throw it in the bin, I didn’t but I have both silver and gold on my tree now, oh well. When teen came in from work, I asked him if the lights were all equal? He said they were perfect. Gosh, wow. I did feel good. It’s difficult getting everything right, I mean toys and baubles not so they are all in the same place but to distribute them equally?

Now whether or not I have that right, but teen said when he came back from his time away, it looked really good. Whether he is just being nice? I doubt it, as he is a perfectionist, and if something is slightly wrong he has to fix it.

 

So my angel is happy on the top of the tree with the branches stuck up in her never regions keeping her in place and a light there too to light her up.

She’s smiling.

 

I have my Victorian rocking horse at one side of my hearth and a Victorian house that lights up at the other. Now just for the outside decorations. Teen said he would help with those. Well, I can do them, but need to know which way they go, I will always remember when he came home from school a couple of years ago, he laughed saying that my lit up bell was ringing side to side upside down…

 

We wrapped more gifts. Oh that was kind of stress. Just remembering what was for who and what was what?

 

I ordered something last week, description was awful, but sounded OK as in the item. Well, it was deer but came and really isn’t worth half what I paid.

 

But people will have to except what we give them. I every year get ill with all the stress. It’s so wrong.

 

Most times, we do OK. And I am very proud as we are the only people who get no help and manage. Most people have family or friends who shop with them. We do it all on our own, and what an achievement.  We have even started to buy non-perishable foods and putting that away for Christmas. Trying to get sorted so we can relax and enjoy the time together over the festive holiday.

 

OK, will go for now, my boy has just left for the gym. He made his breakfast, he wants to come in for lunch, and then it’s off after a quick shower to work for him.

 

For me, the normal housework. I have a children’s story to write this week for a Mum who wants a book for her daughter. And must prepare the guest room for Julie coming. Later gators. X

No comments: