translate

Thursday 20 November 2014

A STEAMY DREAM


UK, US, Ukraine, Poland, China, Canada, Venezuela and more

Are all aboard the Blogget train today. First class all the way? Buffet cart will be open but if you wish to stay in your comfortable seats, you will be served lunch.

For lunch today?

Toast with mushrooms fried in butter on top and freshly sprinkled garlic with lashings of cheese, all melted under a flaming grill served with grilled tomatoes and asparagus.

 

I always dream about living near a train track. At the bottom of my garden, just past the vegetable patch and fruit orchard, trails of tracks which have seen many ghosts and pasts.

Steam trains would be lovely please? With their steam bellowing into the sky, forming patterns almost dancing with the clouds. Green grass all around, lush colours from our seasonal weather in England. Lots of sun, but not too hot to make the countryside baron and plenty of rain, to water the fruitful foliage and give drinks to the growing vegetables whereby I can pick for homemade casseroles and hot pots in winter. Snow, cold, but not enough to kill off all forms of colour from my vast garden, Just enough snow, to sit in my cosy kitchen with the  stove cooking breakfast whilst my kettle whistles, as I lend some time to view the red robin, who frequents my garden in the months when food isn’t easy to find for him. With his red breast, beautifully bathing in a stone bath of freshly poured water, against the crisp white snow in winter.

 

The odd crackle from the coal fire in the living room warms me as I listen for the 8.27 train as it passes by, like it does every morning.

 

Oh well, a girl can dream?

Instead of all that, I sit in my modern conservatory with the dreadful pounding sounds of the very busy road at the bottom of our yard, which is only six meters from our house.

 

Oh well, my imagination is a quaint place to be

Sometimes I think I was born too late, but then I remember the great technology we have as blind people and how our dream to see in the near future, we have hope for now. Something that was never going to happen some years ago. Seriously though, to live in the late forties to late fifties wow…

But then I wouldn’t have my Bloggets and where would I be without you all?

 

Now I was going to tell you about teen. Oh you know, I shouldn’t laugh when he tells me stories about college, as really it’s naughty, but he has my humour, well, his Dad didn’t have humour, so I guess it’s mine? Hehehe. Joking, his Dad did have  humour; just not many people got it.  Same as not many people get mine and teens humour. Obviously, as in class he jokes, OK should work, but no, jokes. When he tells me what he has said, oh gosh, I try to hide my face but I can’t. My cheeks are beaming so much and what does that tell teen? To continue being naughty. It’s bad, but he shouldn’t tell me then I wouldn’t laugh.

 

What makes it worse too is he does impressions and he really is a fantastic actor. Oh gosh, really if you could hear him it is so funny.

Again, perhaps it’s just teen an I who get it, as Hubs not impressed either. Hahahahahahah.

 

One of his friends the other day in class had his desk different to the others. Teen said he looked like a Doctor. Teen and his friend were pretending to be Doctors. Yes, very immature during a lesson, but beats what he did last year, push ups in the middle of class. So, Teen told his tutor David,

“Sir would you like to make an appointment?”

Not really a good question when he was supposed to be doing coding…

Teacher answered in his really funny voice as teen mimics him.

“You need to book yourself in for a hysterectomy!”

Teen quickly answered back.

“2pm next Wednesday David an appointment has been made for you to get your prostrate examined.”

Oh boy, that didn’t go down well. Hahahhahahahaha. OK, sorry, not at all funny, but nor is telling a boy he needs a hysterectomy!

 Or is, it?

So teen and the other lad got sent out for half an hour. Really, whatever next?

A couple of days later, teen decided he wasn’t going in so early. Would be forty minutes late.

Teacher.

Why are you late?

Teen

“Oh, well, I couldn’t be bothered to get up at quarter to seven, so re set my alarm for half eight. Had a good sleep though. Feel good now.”

Teacher went mad telling teen it was really bad and he should be suspended from the course with such an answer.

Teen in shock. Luckily it was a teacher who likes him so told him she would write down overslept. Teen said but I didn’t. Teacher, yes you did. Teen no, I deliberately did it, teacher, if you don’t want to be suspended, you did.

Hahahahaha. What does that tell kids? To lie?

Oh he has a full day today, God help us?

 

OK, off to look for the rubber gloves and bucket with brush and bags. Yep, the dog run is calling me.

x

No comments: