translate

Saturday 15 November 2014

IN SHOCK PART TWO


So my shock yesterday. I as ever had no sleep all night. It was seven and Hub got up for work. Stress time for me. I used to get wrong when I got up with him, have you got this that and the other, hehehe, so I thought I may as well stay in bed then. Not that I get any sleep. So Teen was up for school, sort of. I had to remind him to feed his bird. Also make sure he was up as sometimes he forgets to set his alarm. After trying to remind Hub to take a box of biscuits for work and the team, then shouting down stairs to remind him to take his lunch I made him the night before, and then telling teen there was some tuna for his lunch and so on, I really may as well get up. Then to find out that teen was still in bed. Oh my insides are by this point knotted. I really should get up but that would equal no sleep at all. I used to sleep when I knew teen and Hub were at their places of work and study at ten to nine/nine, but not anymore. So, at twenty past nine, I got up, showered and after brushing my teeth, I left my hair looking baaa’aaa’d. I thought, I am exhausted. What am I getting up for? More housework? Oh but I should, I was rather lazy the day before and my bathrooms need doing as do my floors and the dust? Oh stuff it I thought and got back into bed…. I couldn’t relax as I knew I was waiting for a parcel.

 

Then it happened. The doorbell. Just as I was starting to feel a bit sleepy when the entire world is up and about, yep, I feel sleepy.

I grabbed my dressing gown and keys and ran down the stairs; oh the post man was going to get a shock if I looked as bad as I felt.

 

I ran to the front door through two glass doors, well, I did open them before I actually went through them…

 

Got the key in the door. Wrong key.

Second key found out of the bunch I have and at last, would the post still be there?

 

No. He had gone I thought, anyway.

As I stood there I moved forward and stuck my head out of the door, you know looking around as though looking for a van or a person who would see me, wave because they could see me looking at them… Why I do stupid things like go through the actions of thinking I can see is beyond me.

 

Oh I was deflated as no sound at all. So no one shouted for me to wait for them to hand over a parcel and no delivery van.

 

Then a voice.

Oh God. He was standing in front of me and I hadn’t seen him. What would he think? He obviously had been handing me the large box and I hadn’t took it. Oh how bad.

 

So I said sorry, and then held out my arms for a parcel. Then nothing, but after a few seconds, I felt a paper tapping on my hand. Oh a letter?

I cupped my hands and took what looked like a leaflet.

 

Why would the postman hand me by hand a leaflet?

Then the voice I really didn’t recognise told me words which put the fear of death in me.

“We don’t ask for a signature now!”

Oh.

No!

God, you may know what went through my head? What the hell could he want next?

Then I don’t know and I doubt I will ever know, but my brain told me it was not a letter or a delivery of my parcel, but my a person.

If it was who I thought it was, oh gosh, my house was a tip and I was worse.

I hugged him. Then thought, heck, what if I have hugged the postman?

 

Then to top it, I invited the postman in.

The voice was not what I remember from almost five years ago.

When I hugged him, no way it was that person. Even different hair.

All these thoughts were going through my mind as the person on my doorstep was entering my house whilst I was in my dressing gown.

Gosh. What had I done? But something told me who it was.

I left him in the living room getting attacked by Wagga as I ran to get changed.

Still hadn’t brushed my hair.

No sleep but two hours the night before last. Looking a mess. I came back downstairs to confirm who the heck I had let into my house.

I can’t tell you how odd it felt.

I still don’t know how I felt.

It wasn’t happening, was it?

 

No comments: