translate

Wednesday 26 November 2014

HAPPY THANKSGIVING


Happy Thanksgiving to our friends who celebrate it. I didn’t know this until today, but in America, the President in addition to issuing a proclamation, will pardon a turkey, which spares the birds life and insures that it will spend the duration of its life roaming freely on farmland.

 

I just wondered how much in price, turkeys differ across the globe? In the UK now it’s about £22 for a turkey for about five people. This is a frozen turkey, for fresh much more expensive.

 

For me I eat a vegetarian turkey, no, this isn’t a turkey brought up on corn, but a quorn turkey. I don’t even want to think where my quorn came from, but I only eat it in winter/Christmas and I have a better conscience doing that than eating a real creature.

 

I heard on the news that there was bird flu starting again, so who knows this year may be a lot more people will be joining me with the quorn?

 

I just hope there is peace in the US now? Last night the news wasn’t good. I completely understand the anger, but to steal and set fire to cars? It’s so wrong as as its wrong in my opinion to hear that the Policeman who shot dead the lad, the cause of the latest riots, came out and said if he had to do it again, he wouldn’t change anything. Really, how insensitive? Could he not just be grateful that he has got off and kept his mouth shut?

 

That was not a helpful comment and I’m sure wouldn’t have helped the grieving family. I just don’t understand why he didn’t aim to stop him from running away? Why shoot to kill? I blooming hate guns, knives and anything which causes pain or deaths. I really do wonder if we are living in hell right now? The world is going mad. Just in England, men have been arrested as their plans were to behead someone in the streets of the UK. I mean what sick people. No God anywhere would approve of such evil. A devil perhaps? So let’s hope those who do kill, are prepared to meet with their destiny?

 

I just wish we could be sent raindrops of peaceful pills? How wonderful this world would be if only we appreciated what we have? Even those who have little, still have a pain free morning to wake up to if for no war? Those who don’t have a comfortable bed to sleep in at nights, could sleep with the knowledge that they will be at least safe? I mean, we have two options, one to live in peace, or two to see grim shredded limbs and hear of depressing threats every day.

 

You would think it’s a none brainer? The choice is ours. Just end the hatred? Why not? Just try? I love to understand minds, but the minds of killers I don’t get, unless the person who has been killed is pure evil and there is no hope for them. Then to end their life would save others. But to kill for the sake of killing is ludicrous.

 

OK, now I’m a little calmer, as I didn’t intend this blog to be heavy, I shall lighten it up a little. After reading what I have for you at the end of here, perhaps you will wish I had stayed serious? Hahaha.

Really, these are some thanksgiving jokes and they are dreadful… Though I did semi smile. But warning, they don’t leave you wanting more. Anyway whatever you are doing today, this week, have a good happy safe one.

 Q: What happened when the turkey got into a fight? A: He got the stuffing knocked out of him!

 

Q: Why did they let the turkey join the band? A: Because he had the drumsticks

 

Q: What's the key to a great Thanksgiving dinner? A: The tur key

 

Q: What does Dracula call Thanksgiving? A: Fangs-giving. Q: What would you get if you crossed a turkey with an evil spirit? A: poultry Geist!

 

 

Q: What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter? A: Pumpkin pi.

Dear Turkeys don't worry... they only love us for our breasts too.

Sincerely, women.

No comments: