translate

Tuesday 11 November 2014

MOVING CURTAINS


Hi Bloggets. Well, last night was a comfortable one with teen getting in at a quarter past eight. He told me he was full. Full? He’d eaten all day at work. Sounded like a children’s birthday party. Wow, you should have heard about what he had to eat? He turned around, got changed and though he had been working for eight hours, he went straight to the gym. At quarter past eight? That’s dedication. Got in at half nine and we settled down, I gave him his dinner and we watched the TV.

Day one at his new job went well, gosh, sounded rather difficult, and made me realise, without the knowledge of computers these days, you are stuffed in the work place. He was given a gun when he started… Yep, a gun. My reaction may have been the same as yours.

It is what they call their hand held whatever it is. It has all the information on and calls come in through it, on line orders come in and customer’s messages/requests also are displayed on there. He had to learn where everything was over two floors. He loved it… As I said, day one!

Hub prepared for travel by train to Leeds for a meeting. He is doing really well at work. Making some fantastic changes and his team are amazing. He is very proud of them. They are totally committed. He loves being able to drive the wheel for blind and partially sighted people. He feels like he can make a difference in lives and I’m sure he is.

At the office they have a secret Santa this year. Haha. This is where you draw a name from a hat, well, probably a box and the name you pick, and you have to buy a gift for that person.

Can you believe we are all wrapped up for Christmas? Hub and I did our normal thing, of him telling me how big he wants the paper for my presents and me cutting it for him. It’s so funny, because we both can’t see, we wrap in front of each other. He said to me yesterday

“It’s great we both can’t see.”

I was shocked? Then I smiled as he continued

“We can wrap and don’t know what each other’s got”

I said, it’s great we can’t see when I’m getting undressed, too, love. Believe me!

Hahahahahaha

No need to go out today. My little Wagga and I are warm in the house, though I am sure Wagga wants to go out? I spoke with a friend today on the phone. He told me some funny stories which I needed as today would have been my darling Dads birthday. November the eleventh is still a difficult day for me.

 I would like to share a couple of my friend’s stories with you.

He was looking after a mutual friend’s dog whilst she went on holiday. The dog is a guide dog and my friend can’t see. Oh this poor dog is not too well. She is getting old. Anyway, he told me of when he was in his kitchen, making toast, for a friend who was staying at his house. The friend can see. They both heard a sound of a dog being sick. The friend shouted to my friend quick, the dog is being sick your curtains, your curtains…. Well, then my friend started to tell me, he panickt as his curtains were £800…. My God, are they silk? May be… Anyway, the friend could see the long curtains moving as the dog slept behind them…. They grabbed a curtain each and the dog just lay there being sick. She does that, she doesn’t get up like a normal dog and is sick, she is so so chilled and bless her if she is used to it, I guess she can’t be bothered?

Anyway they moved her and had to clean up the mess but thankfully the friend told my friend not to touch the blanket that the dog was sick on as in the middle, was a dead mouse.

Oh heck, that would have been me gone to the cat and dog shelter. Hehehe.

The next day the friend had gone home… I wonder why?

My friend got up; the dog was outside of his bedroom. Lying with her head over the stairs. As he almost killed himself stepping over her, why he didn’t ask her to move, I’m not sure, he put his bare foot down the stairs right onto more sick. Oh she had been sick and it had gone all down the first lot of stairs. I just laughed as the little darling was so funny how she didn’t bother to move. My dogs would have been in the corner getting as far away from it as possible. But it is the way my friend talks, he is so funny and really dramatic with words.

He loved having the dog and though now he is getting someone to clean his carpets, he would have her again.

I’m sure he liked being needed.

He also told me of going to the local Christmas market. How he did it I wondered? He told me he started at the first stall and asked what was on the next one. Then went to the next one and asked again what stall was next. That’s great, as his market is in our old hometown and unlike ours which is all over the place; their market is in a big square.  

He is the person I have talked about before, who has all the clocks but not one of the clocks are set at the right time, so they all chime seconds out and they are huge Grandfather clocks.

He is also the one who used to come here to stay, and go out of our front door in the shortest of dressing gowns, bend over to pick up his doggy doodle in front of the neighbours showing all he had to offer. Teen used to be horrified.

 I think if I could see I would be too!

OK, must go now as my dog keeps bringing me bits of cardboard. I don’t know what the heck it is, or should I say was?

Inspector Fi to the scene.

No comments: