translate

Wednesday 8 October 2014

THE LAST DANCE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE LAST DANCE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Crashing down

I’m no longer your clown

Words you said

Cruelty you fed

Lying in bed

I am on my own

I hear your voice

Down the phone

I have to be in my own zone

No one to talk with

My happiness is a myth

But I have to pretend

Until the end

When you decide

And give up on the ride

Then where will I hide

As I have put all my trust in you

But the cold fact is

You don’t feel the same about me

 As I do you

Should I listen to others?

Or except your trash and hide under the covers

I want us to be more than lovers

Best friends and forever together

But this is not your plan

I have done all I can

You tread on me every day

Breaking me until I go away

Is this what you want?

If so tell me what’s true

Because I would do anything for you

And that includes me drowning in tears

I will love you always

I can’t see for the haze

I will protect you from all fears

And keep you warm in darkest winters

Shelter you from splinters

And feed you fresh berry’s

Kiss your lips of cherries

And hold your hand so tight

Pray you will have sweet dreams

Each and every night

But it’s not me you want

Though I do all I can

It’s another man

Who holds your heart?

So you say we must part

But you won’t let me go

Footprints in the snow

Evidence to show

I saw where he ran from

When I came to see you

I saw his cup of sugared tea

But you will never make one for me

I see the glint in your eyes when you see him

But when we are together your smile wears thin

Am I just rubbish

You throw in the bin?

Well, I would be walked on by you

Because I love you

I’m so true

Is he?

You really don’t want me?

So tell me and be honest

Some time ago you said you’d be with me always

This you promised

But now looking doubtful

I think you are beautiful

I will tell you each day

If only you felt the same way

If you will have a change of heart

This I pray

A new start

Whereby I don’t feel such pain

And we can laugh again

Walk through the crop fields

Playing like children

Please give me another chance?

Give me the last dance?

 
Copy right 2014 

 

No comments: