translate

Sunday 19 October 2014

SET HIM FREE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


SET HIM FREE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

I’m sad to say it’s over

 Nothing will bring it back

Not a four leaf clover

 Or black cat

It’s come to the end

My heart I can no longer lend

I’ve had enough, can’t continue to pretend

Put up with the rough, but can’t stay to the end

It was you I adored

I always aplored

I hung onto each word

Worship the ground you walked on

But we can’t go on

I will set you free

Just give me the key

I will lock the door

It’s happened before

This time I won’t be here for when you want more

You have another life

Don’t want me as your strife

I’m in your way

Night and day

We used to be close

But now I’m your thorn to your rose

I hurt you

Make you blue

You say my words are not true

Its tragic as I love you

I can’t go on

I don’t belong

It’s so very wrong

So live your new life

Be happy with another wife

Forget me soon

The end of our honeymoon

Is closer than I wanted

 No longer the perfect picture painted

 I’m dizzy I almost fainted

When these words came to me

Set him free, set him free

You no longer belong with me

 

 

Copy right 2014 Fiona Cummings

No comments: