translate

Sunday 19 October 2014

OUR PROMISE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


OUR PROMISE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

You took my trembling hand

Placed a memorable band

A never ending circle

To me you were a miracle

Something quite spiritual

Words you said so bold

As all glitter Shon on the gold

“I take thee to marry me

I was a part of your family

I trusted in you

Because I loved you

There was no one in the world quite like you

I looked into your loving eyes

It was so right

As you held me tight

And promised to love me day and night

I kissed your velvet lips

And from the glass we took sips

Tosted our lives

It was us, people wanted to subscribe

As we were the future

A new world

A different culture

As we were real

Our love people could feel

We ate our wedding meal

Then took our first steps

Our first dance

 All bets

Were on our romance

How long would it last

Our future would be a blast

As we had history in our past

We were bonded like glu

Because I loved you

 I look to my ring

And hear everything

As though it was yesterday

How I never want that dream to go away

 

 

 

Copy right 2014 Fiona Cummings

No comments: