translate

Monday 6 October 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY


The day had arrived. It was my Husbands birthday. After a great night last night, now let’s hope for a great day?

Hub was wished happy birthday by our dogs me and his boy. Our Son gave his gifts which were really lovely and well thought of. Hub loves coffee, so got chocolate covered coffee beans and syrup of hazelnut from a really lovely coffee shop in our town. I bought him a wooden carved Buddha smiling. The laughing Buddha. I joked and said with Hubs belly, it reminded me of him… haha haha.

Well, I, laughed.

I got him a face spa too as he loves things like that. Personally I hate that kind of thing, but Hub and teen love pampering gifts.

 

From the dogs he received all kinds of Dead Sea toiletries. My mad Aunt sent him a funny talking birthday card, our Neighbour DI also kindly gave him a card, our friends Trix, Like and Hanz sent a card we could read, well, Hub could read as it was in Braille and my lovely friend Julie text him to wish him well as well as his brothers. Our friends Vivi and John sent him some lovely gifts of shirts and really really deer coffee. Blue Mountain. At a coffee shop in our town, it’s about £6 for one cup of Blue Mountain. So this was a huge bag. Bless them. So he enjoyed his gifts. I always try to make his birthdays as pleasant as possible, as a child he hated them as he was always away at boarding school from the age of three and he never got even a card on his birthday. So he has very sad memories and his birthdays have never meant anything to him and I think his ex-wife never bothered either bless him. My ex never bothered either, but as a child I loved my birthdays. On my birthday, it’s really odd, as on one hand the oven who gave birth to me gave me away, and I will never know how she could be quite so callas and on the other hand, it was the date that Hub and I were reunited after 28 years.

 

The house had a wonderful atmosphere. It was almost like Christmas. A kind of warm family time. I was so happy teen was with us. I was also surprised by this. He was great too with Hub. Fun and the old Son back though may be for a short time.

 

Then we went for lunch at a new restaurant near us. It was a few moments’ walk. We didn’t book it so I hoped we would get in? There were a few people there, but there was space and we took one of our dogs and teen walked with me.

 

Oh the food was really lovely, not stunning, but very nice indeed.

It wasn’t cheap but not deer either, so in between. I had Mushrooms with a spinach sauce and garlic with parmesan cheese and loads of black pepper. Teen had prawns and Hub squid. Yack to the last two dishes… We shared a cheese garlic bread, for the main dishes, I had a pasta with an absolutely delicious sauce again loads of pepper and cheese on and Hub had something  with a face as for teen, he had chunky chips and a chicken and ham burger with lots of salad.

 

We walked home, or should I say waddled home?

 

 Hub and teen did some work together on electrics. A bonding time for the boys, haha. I kept right out of the way and made coffee with teen’s new syrup and put the candles in the birthday cake. Remember last year for teen when I did that and couldn’t understand why they didn’t light? I had them upside down?

Well, this time, I made sure the wicks were upright…

We sang happy birthday and laughed a lot. For a late tea, we had a party. I still do party food for my boys. It was a great day. We all loved it and all said it really did feel like Christmas. Of course at our tea party, I brought out my Mams cups and saucers, so she was with us in spirit. I was excited by this day, as this was the day the love of my life was born, and how grateful I am for that birth!

To my Mother in law, where ever you are on this earth or another, thank you!

No comments: