translate

Friday 3 October 2014

MY FEELINGS DON'T BELONG BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MY FEELINGS DON’T BELONG

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Just a phone call that’s all it took

To bring back memories of a closed book

Each day I turn the page

  The chapter begins when I’m full of rage

Hearing those words

Tares at my heart

I should have stopped reading the story at the very start

I know its happening

Or at least the ending

It’s like a compulsive person who can’t stop spending

So what should I do

And who do I turn to?

Certainly not you

Autumn leaves turn to stones

The what was tender meat is now just bones

A soft snowflake

Is slithers of glass

My safe windows break

I loose the key to the doors

Rotten boards leave spellcs on the floors

What to do next

As right now I’m vexed

I want to burn this damb book

And all that goes with it

I have but one match

 This paper will be lit

But memories sadly go on

My feelings don’t belong

No comments: