translate

Sunday 19 October 2014

MY LITTLE BOY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MY LITTLE BOY

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

As I sit here and watch my Son

With a huge smile he’s having fun

With his building bricks

And box of tricks

His cowboys

And tubs of toys

His big blue car

Is never far

And I don’t want to know

What’s in that jar?

I’m amused

Somewhat confused

Why he takes time to build

Then thinks it’s funny

“Mummy I’ve killed!

As all the building bricks spill

It’s such a thrill

What does he expect me to do?

Mothers out there, give me a clue?

So I laugh and tell him it’s time for a bath

Then the laughter sadly turns to tears

But a promise we will find his boats

And see which one is last to float

Oh we have to have the bubbles

He’s not happy unless he’s in some kind of trouble

His water turns to purple

As he pours the liquid from the bottle

“It’s like ice cream

He yells, with such joy

I love, my little boy

Then I tuck him safe in bed

Stroke his curls upon his little head

“Sleep little darling as you are yawning

Mummy will be here in the morning

For a new day

More play

As his smooth paths will be full of rubble

He will graze his knee

And come to me for a cuddle

Then with clean clothes

Will find a muddy puddle

He’s so cute with his dimple cheeks and turned up nose

And what he will do today?

No one knows

But whatever it will be

At the end of the day he will sit on my knee

And a proud Mummy I will be

I love my little boy

He fills my heart with such joy

As I hold his hand

To show him life

A new land

Mountains to climb

Rivers to swim

He’s mighty fine

And I love him

But when he grows up to be a man

I will do as much for him as I can

Because I am his Mam

And he’s my little boy

 

Copy right 2014 Fiona Cummings

No comments: