translate

Saturday 18 October 2014

MY MAGICAL BEACH BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MY MAGICAL POTION

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

Standing on the edge of the salted water

A perfect picture I can’t falter

Before my eyes

I can’t disguise

The miracle before me

Sand moves beneath my feet

A fisherman is sitting on a rock

Our eyes they meet

The ocean he will not defeat

For fear he has a block

His features show sour rather than sweet

With rugged lines

He’s obviously been here many times

For what? Just to eat?

His tattered clothes and brown paper bag face

But he knows his place

This is his home

Why bother to roam?

This is a peaceful zone

I see four skies

And don’t even have to try

There’s no concrete blocking my vision

I take my position

And breathe in the air

For a while I lose the fisherman’s stare

But I don’t care

As beautiful breeze blows through my hair

I bend to pick a stone

Hold it in my hand

It’s covered in sand

How far will it float?

To a new land?

As the small pebble skims

Kissing fins

Clashing through shells

Shaped like bells

I get a feeling I have been here before

But had to come back for more

The smell of salt

Makes my heart melt

It’s pure out here

I have no fear

Wrongly so perhaps

As I’m hypnotised by laps

The ocean is touching the sky

Creating an allusion I can clime

Or even fly

That sky is mine

As it’s in reach

Look at this magical beach

Colours of greys, blues and greens

This is different to rivers, lakes, or streams

For the ocean is a monster when it decides

For the wrecks it can really hide

The salted carpet covers up the truth

A perfect canopy for a roof

To all the SeaWorld

Shattered rocks so gold

White waves so bold

But a land we can’t meld

It’s never still

That is the thrill

The sounds are amazing

Like a roaring fire blazing

The big wide ocean

My magical potion

 

 

 

 

 

Copy right 2014

No comments: