translate

Saturday 4 October 2014

TAKE THAT I WANT YOU BACK


Well it was time to get ready to go for the event to raise money for Guide dogs. We were to see a tribute band called take that by United. I don’t like the real take that, but this was for charity.

We went with our Neighbour Di. Bless her she drove all the way there and back. It was over an hour too each way. It was in a good old English social club. A typical working class club.

 

As we walked in, Hubs colleagues met us. We sat with them for a while and Hub and Di went to the bar for a drink. The drinks in a social club are limited, and I tell you not as cheap as they used to be. But were OK.

 

The club kindly said they would match whatever we raised on the night; this was really kind of the club committee to do this. An extremely kind person handed over £750 donation. Wow, how generous is that?

 

There was a raffle for prises too and the DJ played some excellent music. Then time for the group to come on stage.

 

Oh my word, they were absolutely amazing. Musicly they were fabulous. Their harmonising was so tight with each other. Their timing was perfect.

 

They sang songs from other groups too. This is another reason I loved them. They worked so well with the audience. Their northern  humour was simply the best.

There was one singer who was from Manchester. Wow, double wow. I loved his voice. I told Di, she laughed and said he was the best looking.

 

Di and I danced it was a great night.

 

Time to leave at eleven as we had another hour and a quarter to drive home. As we said bye to colleagues, we left the buzzing club. Still playing great music from the DJ, well, two of the members of the band were outside… Oh God, not only was I like an embarrassing auntie at a wedding dancing, but it was about to get worse…

 

As I complimented the singer, Di went to get the guy I really liked… Oh heck.

Good job my Husband is not jellous? I was shocking… I flirted like no one was watching and was totally shameful. I think the poor guy will start his therapy on Monday?

 

His second kiss was about to take place, he amed for my cheek… I thought stuff that for a game of soldiers, and went for his lips. Hahahhaa.

         

Poor man. He did have a face like a carpet though; he obviously forgot to charge his razor before coming out?

 

It was a great no, brilliant evening and the very kind people of Hull, raised £5000 for guide dogs.

 

If only they knew what good they have done? As the money will go to Hubs team, so he will make sure the people and dogs get this as he is so passionate about his work. The colleague who organised the night did a great job. Brilliant evening, and to be honest, I am still buzzing from the great atmosphere.

Oh

And the snogging….  

Poor guy, bless him!

I will tell you about my Sons reaction later to us going out, it was really funny!

Later with love.

 

 

 

No comments: