translate

Monday 27 October 2014

DON'T GIVE UP BY FIONA CUMMINGS


DON’T GIVE UP

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

At times I hit the ground

When there is no one around

But then I wait a day

And feel so proud

I want to shout aloud

This is what I would say

Please hear my words

I want to feel free

Just like the birds

Flying over the trees

Remove my chains please

Show me the door

 And hand over the keys

Turn on the light

Don’t give up the fight

Take that step with all of your might

OK, we don’t have sight

But for us there is a future

We have to find some humour

Among the rubble of our culture

If not

We have lost what we’ve got

And that is each other

Believe me there are days when I am lost

And nothing can take me out from my pain

But I wake up on a new day

And I can go on again

This life is tough

Most days are so rough

But I have one thing and that is hope

So when you want to reach for a rope

Stop and think

Your life is in a cup to drink

There is tomorrow

And next year

Be better than your sorrow

Wipe away your tears

Know you’re not alone with your fears

But listen out for the cheers

When you get your goal

You will be on a roll

  And nothing will stop you

As you have a good soul

And a hand to hold in mine

I promise we will all be fine

And that day for us will come in time

 

Copy right Fiona Cummings 2014

No comments: