translate

Thursday 28 February 2019

THOUGHTS OF LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


My Son has just gone out smelling absolutely beautiful. He is exhausted. He is working at least three weeks in a row six days per week and overtime every day. I’m stressed worrying about him. Hub just put his head in his hands tonight. What can we do? He’s an adult and he will do what he wants.

 

Well my handy man came. A lovely guy. He has put some smoke alarms up for me. BW isn’t impressed. The guy asked where I wanted them. I told him near the tv. The telly is in the corner of the room but the guy has put the alarm almost in the middle of the ceiling. Oh, our Son said it looks ugly and he can’t stop looking at it. Well it’s drilled now, so it will have to stay. He was meant to put a toilet seat on for me. So, he took off the old one and went to put the new one on but sadly the fixtures were missing. So, now, we have no toilet seat…. Haha. Apart from that he did a great job.

 

My friend came for a coffee and bless her heart she said she would take my seat back to the shop which is across that awful road I hate crossing and she has a car, so a five-minute job. Well of course I didn’t have the receipt. I hate them. They are bits of paper that make no sense to me. So, my friend took it back and after quite a few questions like where is the receipt, and did your friend pay cash or card? To which my friend didn’t know the answer, but hey, she came back with a toilet seat. And this one has fixtures. I’m kind of thinking I’m going to give it a go and try to fit it myself, in fact I may do it now, as Hub is in the bath.

 

Well that was last night. This is now. lunch time. I couldn’t fix the toilet seat. It makes no sense to me at all. I remember our friend Like, last year he bought one and thought like me, it will be so easy to fit…. And like me learned it wasn’t. there are two holes how complicated can this be?

Answer?

Very!

 

Not even the two screws I got with it make sense. They have attachments and I don’t know if you are meant to take those attachments off or not, I dare not try to remove them in case they are not meant to come off. And the screws look far to big to fit into the holes provided as for the holes on the actual seat? Well, it would be nice to know where they are. Never did I think it would come down to talking about piggin toilets in my blog. Hahaha.

 

I hate being beaten and I have given up. In the olden days, when transport was less and fewer cars were on the small narrow roads, life was sensible. Now for whatever reason flat packs and well, toilet seats just don’t mean anything. At one time there were four square holes and four-square screws. Now there are eleven round holes, four square holes and three triangle screws in life. are we meant to be challenged in such a way? Is it part of the future for humans to develop into robots?

 

We will evolve into machines that don’t think for themselves. We will be programmed to exist and have no emotions. No feelings towards others, and I shall look back and say, well, I blame the toilet seat!!!

 

I haven’t long been in. on my return I made some food as I hadn’t eaten. Two much needed cups of tea later and here I am.

 

My Waggatail has been well rewarded and now she is sound asleep with her large teddy bear. She worked amazingly well today. I couldn’t believe the traffic. There is one point I have to cross a car park. Well as we were waiting the traffic was coming both ways. Constantly. So normally what happens there is cars pull up I presume wave to let us go but I always wave them on as there is no way we should cross in front of a car especially if there are cars coming the other way. I guess if the drivers haven’t stopped to let me go, then they will just think I’m rather friendly waving to all passing.

 

I spent the morning speaking with medical second year medical students. They were so charming. One in particular will make the most amazing doctor. Gosh to have a brain like his. I spoke for an hour. And thankfully my dog lay by my feet only vocalised once I know oddly if it was the afternoon, she wouldn’t have lay still that long. Unless it’s in a restaurant, then she will ay under the table for a while, but in general if I have a meeting or whatever she is sniffing the air crying and wriggling. But today, perfect about from one outburst. It was a bit of an ice breaker, I guess.

 

I enjoyed it today. It was good to get out and feel a part of life and think that I have helped someone. 

 

Hub again is miles away from home. But hopefully he will be back in time for our pub quiz tonight. I’m washing again but apart from vacuuming the house, I’m not going to get carried away with a meal tonight. Something simple. Yesterday I worked loads around the house. And tomorrow I will be doing air cleaning. You know how you do air guitar, where you pretend to play the guitar but make no sound? Well that will be me cleaning. I won’t be pretending, I shall just have to be quiet as Hub is working from home. So, I shall be at the opposite end of the house tomorrow. Fridays is his day when he is on the phone constantly. Call after call. Starting from just after half eight and going until almost five without a break. I don’t know how he doesn’t lose his voice.

 

A few thoughts for today. In my life I have had to learn I can not control the weather in life, storms came and went some impacted upon my soul. I have felt the bitter cold the sharp ice and I have felt damp right through with dirty heavy rain that fell on me. But I can dream of rainbows what I think they look like. And as long as the sun shines, there is hope.

 

The fury of nature, the battles can control us, but at the end of the day, we have one person we can rely on. One person is in total control of us and that person is ourselves. It’s up to us whether we listen to our heart soul and minds. We can be hurt by others, but we will fix ourselves. We can disassociate ourselves from others who are like a poison in our world. We don’t have to have them in our lives and when we realise that, we are free. We can visit pain in our minds but we can also imagine joy. We can dream and we have nightmares. Some in which we wake from and then there are some of us who have to live through the horrors of life. but we can hide away, we can learn to walk with the devil and have our angel by our side to protect  us. We don’t have to ever be desperate enough to side with badness. It’s a much better place to be happy and have calmness in our lives. We can close the door of our past and whenever it bursts open, we can think of that sunshine and change the pattern of our minds to feel and smell a different day. We don’t have to endure life’s clouds. If we want to get away from the sun, we can find that shaded tree and just take a breath and chill.

 

You don’t have to be going ten miles per hour. We don’t always have to push ourselves. We can just quite simply stand still observe life and take in every lesson.

 

Clear our minds and focus on what is best for us and how we are going to achieve that desire.

 

And finally, a fantastic quote from an author from my Sons childhood. Michael Morpurgo.

“wherever my story takes me,  however dark and difficult the theme, there is always some hope and redemption, not because readers like happy endings, but because I am an optimist at heart. I know the sun will rise in the morning, that there is a light at every tunnel.

 

  

In short Bloggets, be happy with yourself as you are all you have at the end of the day. If you don’t like yourself, then change little by little every day. Follow your dreams before you wake up.

 

2 comments:

Fiona Meyrick said...

Wonderful and inspiring words.

Fiona Cummings said...

Fiona thank you for reading, i love what you write too x