translate

Tuesday 26 February 2019

OUT OF THIS WORLD BY FIONA CUMMINGS


At last I can sit down. Its been a busy day. Up early today so much to do and loads of phone calls before 10. Sorting out life as thankfully our decorating is finished. Three weeks to get one bedroom done 9 feet by 7.  Tiny. But the guy who ended up doing the job was great a lovely man a neighbour and has done an excellent job.  So, I have ventured into the office to retrieve some furniture curtains, bedding and so on.

 And ventured straight back out.

Goodness knows where to begin, when you can’t see and the room is upside down, it’s a total nightmare. So, what to do about it?

Ask ones Hubby for help

Who also can’t see?

Double trouble.

 

Hub is a long way from home at the moment. He won’t be in until 7 tonight. Our Son has had to meet with someone after work too so not sure when he is in. but dinner is all ready for them both. The thought of food for me right now is a no no.

 

I managed to clear the landing and you know what? it’s really odd how because there is things that are not normally there because of the room change, it’s really disorienting I almost misjudged the stairs yesterday as the feel of that area and sound is so different. It is so enclosed. Well it was, it’s clear now thankfully. I moved the heavy robe it almost killed me. I couldn’t understand why it wouldn’t move closer to the wall as there was a big gap at the bottom and all the way up. No way it was budging, so I was really confused, because of the gap left. It took a while for me to remember that the wardrobe has a kind of roof on the top, so it was the top that was preventing me from getting it closer to the wall. So, I couldn’t have it that way it had to go back the same way it was before it was painted. I tried to change the furniture around in there, but nope.

 

Then the base of the single bed then the heavy mattress.  All that is left to do in there now is our Sons rocking horse from when he was a baby. It was the last thing my Mum bought him. It’s huge but I will never get rid of it. It will do for my grandchildren. There was a bedside unit but I’m not putting that back. And then there was a large basket I used to put my ironing in that is buried somewhere in the office, under the pillows and duvet for the bed. And then the bag with the new curtains and bedding, as for our curtain pole? Oh, my I have a man coming tomorrow to fit it and I really can’t imagine where it is. Hub put it somewhere and filled that room with everything but the rocking horse so, I haven’t got a clue where it is after asking him vie phone as he’s on his way home now, he too doesn’t know.

 

I’m loving the colour in my head. My mind is telling me it’s so pretty. BW said it’s beautiful. He has good taste when it comes to home furnishing and I trust him. It’s duck egg which is a very pastel blue with a hint of very light green.  I got the bedding to match and curtains. If I can find them, and a lovely light fitting which if you remember I told you it’s a cream bird cage with embossed blue birds. It’s metal. There are birds on the curtains and bedding, so I hope it will look lovely. My friend Julie will be staying soon in there.

 

My biscuit man has just called. For those in the UK, he is so like the voice double of Post man Pat. The children’s character. For those abroad our biscuits are your cookies. He is so sweet. And, he always gives me free biscuits. I like that man. He sells lots of lovely cakes and other treats as well as tea and coffee and he comes to my door. He brings a basket to the door from his van. Yeah, he even has a van, just like Post man Pat. Well, not sure it will be red like that one but it’s a van…

 

When I have enough funny quotes from him, I shall let you know of them. Each week he comes out with something funny. The last one will take some beating. Oh, my, when I told Hub, I thought he was going to have a fit he laughed so much. I have to say, I wasn’t laughing when it happened…

One day Bloggets, that will be a blog.

In the meanwhile, I like my free biscuits and the fact he is so handy and friendly. Bless him.

 

I have made Boy Wonder a vegan shepherd’s pie homemade. And for Hub he is having chicken breast wrapped in bacon with a mushroom sauce, mash potatoes and green beans.

 

I was asked to go out tonight by my lovely friend but I’m shattered so gave it a miss and I know later in life I will regret it as it was to see Jone Collins. I have always loved her. From one of her shows she said, “Realise your dreams and do what you want to do because one day you won’t wake up.””

 

I was reading about something I just can’t seem to get a grip of. I never have all of my life. at boarding school, I remember all of my friends seemed to be sleeping, me no, I was too scared seeing the shadows of the finger like branches that used to tap on the fire escape window next to my bed. Every dormitory at two different schools, for whatever reason, I seemed to get put next to the fire escape door. And in both schools, there were huge trees outside of it. Against the inky sky with only the light from the moon, the spooky fingers used to impose upon my mind and leave a fingerprint on my memory preventing me from relaxing. That on top of the fact that I so badly missed my family and dreaded the next day at schools I hated so much, was a perfect recipe for sleepless nights which lead into adulthood and still continues these days.

 

Apparently, we need sleep so that our brain can reorganise itself. That makes sense, may be if I slept, I would know where things were for my guest room? Haha.

 

We also need sleep to strengthen new neural connections that allows us to remember what we have learned. Going without sleep can cause heart problems, immune system dysfunction, psychosis and hallucinations!

Heck!

I need sleeping pills…

 

I was also reading that 90 % of people are right handed? Gosh I never knew it was that high. My Husband can use both hands. Clever clogs. That is probably why he is such a good pianist.  I’m rubbish with my left hand. Thankfully it’s useful for when I’m walking my guide dog Waggatail, as that is the hand we are meant to hold their harness in. leaving our right hand for hand rails, door handles, shopping bags and just in general in case we need to put our hand out, if you are left handed though, you will be given a dog trained to work on your right. Our dogs are amazing. Oh, don’t forget, as are we. Hahaha. Oh, I’m still smiling about yesterdays comments when we were at the dentist.

 

I was also reading some work by Stephen Hawking, PhD, Theoretical Physicist cosmologist Director of research Cambridge England, writing about how the world started. Some brilliant minds ask if in fact, did it even start, or has it always been here? Well, it may have always been here, but we haven’t. so, who made us? I totally believe we are made animals flowers everything. By whom? Well my old Bloggets will know my views on God and the universe especially earth. Just as scientists haven’t figured out how the universe started, they haven’t figured how it will end. Well personally I think we will destroy it ourselves and then it will start again with a different kind of people, hopefully better than us. Kinder and who don’t harm animals. Who live a clean life and only know kindness and generosity and stretching the truth would be as difficult for them, as us learning the most complicated foreign language!

 

Earth will last as long as we have the sun and the sun, I’m sure is a star and all stars die. Humans shooting and harpooning into space travelling to places we are not meant to go won’t help whatever is in the sky stay in the sky.

 

Some still wonder is there intelligent life away from earth? I say of course there is. Some wonder if aliens made the ancient pyramids in Egypt. The tools that were around in those days would make it impossible to create such wonders and look at the shape of them, are they like a rocket? Look at the ancient cave carvings that have been discovered of rocket like shapes with tall human forms wearing helmets. Cave people used to draw what they saw. Their imaginations were limited as obviously in those days there wasn’t the books, internet etc that there is now, no TV programs or word of mouth to pass on any conspiracy theories. Look at the crop circles, Stonehenge and the scorch marks from a craft on top of rocks too high to clime in those days and they have been there long before any kind of craft had been invented.

 

We are not meant to know how we got here, otherwise we would know, right? May be if we go to another world when we die, we learn, but I doubt it, I think our minds get wiped just as they did coming to this planet. And if we get regressed then perhaps, we do have a small memory of a past, I know I went through a really strange situation some years ago. I totally believe that I am from Spain and that was all in another blog, so for old readers, I shall not bore you again, smile, but this subject intrigues me.

  

And finally,

here is another link about what I showed you a few days ago, it’s really good news for all kinds of RP as long as you have some cells working.


 

  

 

No comments: