translate

Tuesday 5 February 2019

DIARY OF REAL LIFE AND HEADLINES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 It’s raining outside cold too. Forecast for a miserable week. Talking of miserable, we watched one of the best dramas from the brilliant BBC called Les Miserables. Set in France during the most barbaric war. But the story and acting was superb!

 

Last night I went to the cinema with my friend again. We went to see another fantastic film. It is called Instant Family. It’s a comedy and it was really good. We had a most enjoyable time. Bless her I met her after work again and again, she hadn’t eaten. But I guess at least she chilled sitting for a couple of hours. As she works in a busy hospital.

 

  Soon to be my birthday week. And the start of something new. And then it will be time for our Sons birthday. It’s becoming more difficult to know what to get him. I know what he likes, he has expensive taste like his Dad but he is so very grateful for anything we get him.

 

Talking of Hub, he hasn’t been well at all the past couple of days. He went to work today but isn’t good. He hasn’t really been the same since his hospital stay last year. I must say I’m concerned about him.

 

I have been told my Amazon driver is two stops away. How clever is that?

 

And now some scientific news. Neuroscientists have discovered a focal pathway in the brain that when electrically stimulated causes immediate laughter followed by a sense of calm and happiness, even during awake during brain surgery.

Someone tell me that pathway?

 

Health headlines

 Gut bacteria causes depression according to researchers.

Cases of six cancers soar in young people caused with being overweight.

But some good news is they think that all cancers start from one single cell. Well if that is the case, then they can hopefully attack that from birth? That would be amazing.

 

A Grandmother has been refused a hip replacement in the UK because she is 17 stone. 238 lbs.

Well I have empathy for the lady as she is in so much pain, but if they say the hip won’t work because there is a lot of weight on it, then what are they expected to do? She was getting the operation free as it is on the NHS, so maybe she can pay for her operation and then if it works, see about how she can get her money back? Hub and I talk about this, things that are self-inflicted. Like weight related diseases etc should they be given free treatment? If medics do say no, then I would hope they do spend time in trying to get that person help with weight loss.

 

I was reading that a long six-year study of people who went on a diet for a while, afterwards some kept up with the exercise and others didn’t do any and those who kept the exercise up, continued to lose weight and if they were invited out for a special meal, they increased their exercise a few days before and didn’t put on any weight because of the meal. If you eat a treat at weekends the full weeks diet before will be wiped out. Unless you do exercise leading up to your weekend binge. In other words, exercise is more important than a strict diet. A bit of everything, variety some good feasts, some diets and some exercise. Rather than eating hardly anything at all forever or eating well all week and having a treat at the weekend. You have to do all three to live a happy and healthy life. Well you all know how shocking my diet is. I am shameful. I eat so much bread. Today I have had two large bread roles with tomato in. for dinner tonight I had mash with butter, one small veg pie with pastry and carrots. Also, a bag of 23 g of crisps and a slice of cake. Now to me, that isn’t a load of food. My Son, has had a cooked breakfast, a cooked dinner and his meal tonight. But no meat, no dairy and he has been to the gym. He has a perfect physique. When I say been to the gym, I’m talking two and a half hour of solid exercise. Wow, I seriously remember the days when I had that much energy. Now look at me.

 

I need a get up and get going pill. I just now find exercise so boring, an yet I would love to be fit and have that near perfect body. So far, it’s a dream. But hey, dreams do come true…

 

Tomorrow will be a day of packing stuff away boxing them up and clearing things either for storage or the rubbish. I think I will be hours doing that.

 

Once again thank you all for your messages and emails. And to a beautiful Blogget I send my love to you at this time when you are not feeling well. You know who you are. Loving healing thoughts sent your way.

 

No comments: