translate

Monday 18 February 2019

TEARS TODAY LAUGHS TOMORROW BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Thank you so much for your kind words this week. Donna and Ruth, Terry and Carrie, bless you all for your feedback re blogs. Remember if there is anything you wish for me to write about, then just let me know.

 

Well today is Sunday and it’s been busy. Hub now is chilling as he isn’t at all well.

 

Our Son is working hard, he has seven days in a row of work before a day off. And early starts too as he is working overtime every day and weekends.

 

I was reading today that wrapping your feet in cabbage can relieve joint pain like arthritis.

And now for a soup that is meant to be so good for us.

Coriander, great for inflammation and more. Lemongrass is essential for   vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and vitamin C. lemongrass is also known to be good for your stomach, insomnia, respiratory disorders, fever, aches, rheumatism, type 2 diabetes and fights infections. Kaffir lime leaves are good for the blood, help cure digestive issues, they are good to fight against stress and so much more. Ginger, we all know the benefits of that, it’s great for your stomach and colds. As long as you don’t put too much in too, it tastes so good in soups. To this mix add chili paste if you wish, mushrooms green onions at least three garlic cloves and whatever else you fancy basically, I love soups because you can just chuck in whatever you want. But this base is so good for you.

 

  A strange thing in our news today. Two brothers killed in fighting for ISIS in Syria, have also lost their brother in the UK. He was stabbed to death. How odd is that? What are the chances of that happening three brothers, in two different countries on the same day? The fourth brother is still fighting, so, I guess their parents will soon be childless.

 

On Tuesday there is to be a super snow moon. Which will be so bright.

(Must watch out for that) haha.

 

This was a bit of a scare. 1 in 2 people in the UK, will get some form of cancer in their lifetime. But there are signs to watch out for. Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men in the UK the causes are unknown but if you realise the signs, then the chances of treatment hopefully will be able to help the person to live longer.

 

Signs of prostate cancer are as follows. 1 needing to pee more often. Normally during the night. 2, you have difficulty in going to the toilet even though you really really need to go. 3, a weak flow and once you do go, you still feel like you need to do more. 4, blood in your urine or semen. My poor Dad died with this dreadful disease! Its heart breaking and if you can prolong the outcome by many years or even get rid of it all together, it’s a visit to the Doctors as believe me, catch this in time and your life will be so much better.

 

And now for some ironic facts I have read about of late. Did you know in America, what is the most stolen book? as in shop lifted?

The Bible. Serious. And the founder of Alcoholics Anonymous asked for whisky on his death bed.

Apparently, the nurse refused him. Gosh, why?

 

William eno, the founder of the stop sign, taxi rank signs, one-way street, roundabout and crossing, couldn’t drive.

 

This has to be my favourite. The condition of not being able to pronounce the letter R, has a name.

Rhoticism

 

And that was written yesterday, today is Monday. Good job I have my blogs, it’s how I remember what day it is. Haha. I received a delivery today in a long slim box. It’s about five feet tall. The box is square and my palm in width. Five feet by the way is about 1.5 meters. It’s very light. Can you guess what it is?

It’s used outside and our old one rotted in the winter weather.

Remember what an exciting life I have and the amazing things that get delivered to me. Haha. Well it should be used with two hands. You can use it with one, but it’s more difficult. Guessed yet?

A yard brush.

I told you it was exciting.

Not!

And if we were clever, we could have kept the handle and got rid of the brush. But we are not so we had to buy it from start again. But this time I have avoided wood.

 

Is it just me or are there any other odd people out there? I really don’t like using new brushes. I want to keep them so clean. How sad is that?

 

When I woke up this morning, I felt fine. I did the normal things housework, answered emails and thought about what to cook later. Then got my guide dog Waggatail harnessed up and went to our post box to post a letter, well, what else would I do at the post box, order a pizza? Seriously Fifi, what next, anyway, Waggs was great, and the weather was perfect. Not windy so I could hear perfectly, not wet so the roads didn’t sound like they were chasing me, not icy, so I wasn’t in fear I was going to slip, no snow, so I could feel the path and define roads grass verges etc, just right. I then came home and groomed the wagging one and came in to do some writing. Then came over really emotional. Seriously, started to properly cry. Tears ran down my face. Suddenly my guard was let down and I really don’t know what on earth reacted it. I mean, I got to the post okay, one time a couple of years ago, I had a hell of a time just going to post a letter it ended up where I cut my eye and it poured with blood. I got so dizzy and got totally lost coming home. But today was fine.

 

I just wished for a moment, that I could see. And I try to block that wish from my mind because what is the point of living just thinking about being able to see every second of the day? I did that for ten years, ten long years. It kills you it eats you up. The older I’m getting the more scared I’m becoming that my time will run out before there are any serious advances for my eye disease. I fear I will never see and I just want to make life easier for my Husband and myself. I would love to see for my Hub. To be able to do for him what he can’t do. Just stupid things like we had vouchers for a shop we go to. It was to save quite a lot of money. We knew they were the vouchers as our wonderful app on our iPhone read that to us, but it doesn’t read every detail so the date for example. And of course, we learned yesterday it’s ran out. And things like workmen letting us down, well if we could see we could do those jobs. Instead, we have to rely on others to do those jobs and they are never in a hurry. Or I prepare things for their arrival and they don’t turn up. So, our house is in a right mess and as a blind person, that can be very disorienting but for a blind person like my Hub who has never had sight, it’s much worse, at least in my mind I still just about see, so can image what things look like as in the lay out of a room. But for Hub, he can’t do that.

 

I’m OK now, but my sadness grief, wasn’t a place I wanted to stay in. I tried to research latest news for our eye disease, or any kind of blindness, but nothing new today, but hey, there is always tomorrow, in the meanwhile, we battle on and we do laugh. Ps
 Here is a good link for those who are interested in the future for RP


    

 

No comments: