translate

Wednesday 13 February 2019

YOU CAN DO IT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. Today has been great after an annoying start with a workman. I met up with a lovely friend and she gave me a birthday present. Bless her.

 

 Last night we went out for dinner with our Son and his girlfriend Sham. It was a lovely evening. My Son made it extra special by buying a lovely cake and pretty candles as well as decorating the room with balloons. He is so caring.

 

Sham and I shared some prosecco when we got home but after one glass I felt as if I was really drunk, you know what I’m like when it comes to alcohol, I would rather have a cup of tea… I got some really sweet gifts and cards and it was a pleasant evening.

 

Today chilling with Hub. He has made dinner for tonight. We are having vegetable casserole. It smells so tasty. I’m really pleased not to be cooking but this is two days in a row… I could quite easily get used to this. Smile…

 

I was reading the news and found it incredulous that a baby’s spine has been repaired in the womb six weeks before she will be born. Wow, that is amazing, isn’t it? Medicine has really come on a lot of late. If only that baby would know how lucky she has been?

 

A subject I have been asked to write in brief again. The white cane. How to get past the frozen stage where by you are out with your instructor and you just can’t move. You just freeze. Firstly, it’s normal. You are not alone. I remember thinking, everyone else does this, what is wrong with me? Well going by your comment’s letters/emails and messages, really so many of us do this when we first go live if you like in public.

 

You can imagine everyone your neighbours, friend’s family strangers all looking at you from their house windows, car windows or just standing staring at you on the street.

Then you can’t put one foot in front of the other. You almost have forgot how to walk. Which way to go.

Your mouth is so dry.

Your heart is going to burst out of your chest. You can go back home and never bother with that stick again, or,  you can give yourself a goal. To just walk. Trust your hand that will hold your cane that will get you from A, to B.

And when you do get there, wow, I can promise you, that feeling will never leave you.

 

You will make mistakes in the future, but so do people who have full sight.

 

How many sighted people do you know who have car crashes?

How many fully sighted runners do you know who hurt themselves?

  We just know more of those people, because we know more sighted people than non or poor sighted.

 

If you have a good instructor and you use your cane as you were taught, then you can do this. Just never rush anything, learn the routes in your head listen, feel, smell what is around you. Hear the air, feel with your feet. It’s like putting all of your weight in your feet, that is how you know where you are. Concentrate in your feet then you will feel where the path moves up, down, left or right you will feel the path becoming rough through your feet and you will feel where the roots are coming through the path, then you will know perhaps that is near your park. You can feel the tactile path so you will know that is where you cross. And so on.

 It’s like practice makes perfect. But you can either try to do it or always wonder, what, if!!!

   

At the bottom of this blog, there is an interesting link for those with RP.

 

Something else I have been reading today,

apparently sniffing rosemary increases your memory by 75%.

 I’m off to the green grocers shop.

I, may be a while.

 


 

No comments: