translate

Friday 1 February 2019

FRIDAYS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


It’s Friday again dear Bloggets. Funny how fast it comes around. When I was a child my Dad used to say that time goes by so quickly when you are a grown up… wow, it really does. I need it to slow down now please? But I’m selective. Treatments and advances in science I wish to speed up, but my life I want it to slow down. I have too much living to do before I’m too old to know I’m enjoying it. I can only hope I have the mind and ability of some of you who write to me. Some of my Bloggets are in their seventies and eighties and I swear they are fitter than what I am now, let alone when I’m much older.

 

Yesterday I was big in Germany. Haha. 101 readers. So, either lots of shares, loads of new and old readers or, someone has had a lot of catching up to do. But anyway, great to see you all.

 

I’ve not long been in. I just went a couple of streets away this morning to a friend’s house for a cupper. As I stepped out of the house, my child like excitement came flooding back to me as I’m sure glee spread across my face at the feel of snow beneath my feet. But then the sensible head appeared and I thought oh, gosh, no, how will I define the kerbs and will it be slippy?

 

Well it wasn’t slippy, it was slushy and my Waggatail of a guide dog worked really well. No way I would attempt as far as the shops, not on a day like this, but as I walked along, I was so confident that we would get there safely. It was helped along by the beautiful sounds of the birds that did leave me with some guilt as I wanted to feed them. Every time I put food for our birds in our garden, the dogs eat it. A bird table is not tall enough. We have a bird station and I can put an apple or bread roll on the top section which is taller than me it’s about six feet tall. But my naughty Waggs shakes the blooming thing at the bottom and waits for the food to fall… I need a tall bird table that she can not shake or reach. I noticed that you can buy ones that fix onto your wall and we have a really tall wall in our back garden, much taller than the bird station. But then the local feline friends walk along the top of the wall and my poor dicky birds are an easy target.

 

The sun shone and it is a beautiful day. I thawed out at my friend’s house with my blue fingers wrapped around a hot mug. We chatted and then the walk back. She offered to walk back with me but I said I would be fine, just to keep her mobile on in case I needed an S.O.S call.

 

It was cold out there but not a damp cold. Temperatures are to plunge to -15 in parts of the UK and more snow is forecast. Trains have been cancelled and schools have been closed.

 

Back home a well-done biscuit for my girl and into my warm cosy house. Hub is working from home today, he has been on the phone since 8.30 a.m. today it’s now almost 2 p.m. and he’s still on… Fridays are phone day for him. He puts the phone down and it rings immediately. So, I have left him to it I’m writing to you in the office. Hub is in the sitting room the joys of technology. Gosh I remember the days when he had to be glued to his desk by his huge computer station. Hand held phone and wires coming from everywhere. And that was only eight years ago.

 

The really odd thing today, outside, there is the smell of not only log burners polluting the air but a strong fragrance of a BBQ. In this weather? It can’t be anything else. It’s so strong.

 

A great night was had at our pub quiz last night and we did as badly as ever. It’s so funny to hear Hub. He takes it so seriously. I find it rather funny to lose every week like we do, but Hub isn’t a loser. Haha. I’m obviously a first class one…

 

It was so warm in there it was really lovely the coal fire was toasty. It was chip butties for supper. My Bloggets from abroad will now be wondering what culinary delights is a chip butty? Well, fried potatoes in a bread roll, haha, nothing too exciting. With some salt and vinegar on. A packet of salted nuts and my one drink as that is all I ever have. I drink a lemonade and lime. I go for the fun not the drink. Hub goes to please me I’m sure…. Our two friends, one goes for the drink the other the fun. It’s certainly not the food…. And the company is great as well. Such friendly people. The pub is so small almost like walking into a sitting room. So, when one walks in, people can’t help but say hello!

 Now for I hope, a smile. A headline that really made me chuckle today was as follows.

Police on the hunt for Lionel Richie look alike.

Hahahaha. So, poor guy happens to look like the singer, so he gets chased? Or has he done something wrong other than look like the brilliant artist…

 

As I was getting ready this morning to go out, I asked my Alexa a question as I was out last night wasn’t sure if anyone had left me a message so, me.

“Alexa, play my messages?”” Alexa. Hi again, opening….”” I’m thinking, opening messages? She doesn’t normally say that…

Then she cheerfully asks me how can she help? I repeat, play my messages? She replies welcome to recipes. What would you like me to find for you today? I think with dropped jaw. Em, messages would be good? But I think, well, as I   am here!

“Vegan recipe”” she replies. Now wait for this one Bloggets…

“How does bacon and leak tart sound?””

Oh…    My…   . . .

I just told her to stop. She did. She can be obliging.

 

Today is the first time I haven’t had hellish eye pain. Only in one eye today it burns. It’s rare both eyes feel the same. And more often now days they feel like they really don’t belong in my body. You know how you have a nose and it’s just there, like your ears? Well only the past few months I have felt my eyes. Never before I have been aware of them. I think it’s because they always have some kind of pain now. and they are different to each other different pains too. But today is a good day, I can do burning in one. Better than an elastic band or a heigh heel stiletto being kicked in the other.

 

Another headline that grabbed my attention today was male contraception gel, is to be trialled today in Scotland…

 I didn’t read where it was to be rubbed!!!

 

Well I’m off to clean our bathroom what a great life, hey? And then back to the desk to write a poem for someone’s birthday. I have been asked to write it by tomorrow.

I was asked this morning….

Smile…. I don’t mind as I have nothing planned but if I was out all day that would have been a challenge.

 

Have a very safe weekend, please if you have bad weather where you are, can you check if your neighbours are OK? X

 

 

2 comments:

Molinda said...

As usual I loved to read your post! I felt I was walking with you through the slush and hearing the birds. Thank you for sharing! Molinda

Fiona Cummings said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comment I wish you were walking by my side. X