translate

Monday 25 February 2019

MONDAYS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. I hope I find you well? Well Hub is working from home today but will take an hour off later as we are off out on a wonderful adventure. Something we are excited about. Something that has been in our Diary for a few weeks. (And then I woke up!)

Yeah. We are off to the dentist. I can tell you, all the above is what I am having to tell myself right now, as I don’t like the dentist, well, tell me someone who does? But I would rather go there, than the Doctors. At least it’s just a check-up.  If I’m asked to go back within the next month, oh, boy, that will be a different blog… At least the weather is going to be nice, so we won’t get blown there or arrive like a couple of soggy mattress’s!!!

 

Great day for me, my painter has arrived. Thank God. This house has been upside down for the past three weeks. I need to get to our office and I can’t because it’s full of what should be in the room that is being decorated. I have so much work to be done. But I’m trying to get most of it done without using that room which has all of my files, printer, all of my stationary and box of photograph frames etc in. it’s challenging. But I guess for most, doable.

 

We had a lovely time with our Son last night, just chatting. Sham came around too. They are both off to work today and I think my son is only working for five days this week thankfully. But, overtime every one of those days. Hub is all over the country this week but we have had a lovely weekend. Most enjoyable. Nothing out of this world, just pleasant. Our lovely dogs worked so well. And they got their play time too, as did we! Yesterday was so stunning. I simply loved it. Our walk was amazing and the atmosphere was even better. The weather was like a late spring day and the special treat of the most delicious ice cream afterwards was perfect. Our company was great and I’m excited to say our friends are coming next weekend too, so now I just have to content myself for the next five days leading up to our weekend again.

 

Reading about what foods are good for us and what aren’t nothing was different to what most people know, but in the article was something that was of interest to our younger readers possibly? Food that is not good for the skin include, bagels, white rice, certain kinds of baked potatoes and spaghetti. Food that is, good for the skin include, kidney beans, grapefruits, apples, cashews and carrots.

 

Talking of food, here are some foods that are supposed to burn off fat. And, Bloggets, some of them are really quite nice. Walnuts, flaxseeds, blueberries, banana’s, fish

 Greek Yogurt and coconut milk. So, if I make a coffee and walnut cake, a banana loaf and some blueberry muffins, do you think I will be OK? Hahah.

 

In health news today the headlines read as follows.

Japan is battling with the worst outbreak of measles in a decade.

In our NHS hospitals in the UK, hundreds of men are applying to be nurses.

Another headline that got me excited was a question. “Could we soon diagnose cancer in ten minutes?”” and then I want to read we can cure cancer in ten days, but so far that headline hasn’t appeared.

 

Did you know that lobsters’ taste with their feet?  Yack.

They have three stomachs too and their teeth are in one of their stomachs. I hope this puts you off eating them.

 

A question. Anna’s father has four daughters, the first is called April, second May, third June, what is the name of the fourth daughter?

 And Tracey had her birthday but three days later, her eldest twin had her birthday, how could this happen?

It’s Monday so they are quite easy. I’m going gentle with you as it’s the start of the week.

First answer?

Anna, as it started with Anna’s father…. So, Anna was the daughter, the fourth one.

Second answer?

Tracey had twin daughters, and the eldest one out of the children was born three days after her Mums birthday.

 

And on that note, I shall leave you to sort out life and make some time to smile and enjoy yourself please. Laters.

 

 

 

No comments: