translate

Friday 8 February 2019

WITH SMILES AND LOVE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Today some smiles I hope and love, but first, hay there to Japan, Egypt, Poland, France, Albania, UK, Canada, Germany, USA and India.

I have just finished preparing dinner. My Son is out with a friend, Hub isn’t back until later, so not too sure what time to have it all ready today so we eat at the same time so I have just made it and it can all go in the microwave when they decide home is the place for food. Hahha. One vegetarian meal one meat and one vegan. Easy as they all go with peas and home-made chips. The peas are what we call mushy. They are delicious. I am sure you don’t have them abroad? You cook them forever it seems. I normally buy them dry, steep them then boil them forever and a day and then add butter and salt and serve, after draining but if you cook them right, there isn’t much water on them by the time they are cooked. But I have found some frozen ones and I am so not a fan of frozen veg, but these peas are really lovely. You still need to cook them for half an hour though. And these do need draining. I make my own chips. Pealing and slicing the potatoes into long finger like shapes put them in a large metal oven tin pour some oil on add salt and cook for about half an hour. I don’t put butter in the peas any more as I hate vegan butter and my Son won’t obviously have our butter. And of course, Bloggets, it’s much healthier…. I know what you may be thinking, butter with peas? But it’s a tiny amount and these peas are not like garden ones. They are what their title says, mushy…. Not as in all loved up. Hahah.

 

BW is having vegan meat loaf Hub is having two huge breaded cod fillets. I had a vegan pie. Too much pastry today though as for lunch I had one of our bakers Greggs vegan sausage rolls. They are so tasty. Very realistic to the taste of a real sausage role.

 

Not long before Valentine’s day. I was talking with someone the other day who said she was going out with a group of friends and they were having a singles night out. Bless what a cute idea. Still celebrate the event. Mind you, I think she doesn’t need any excuse haha.

 

I loved Valentine’s day at school, but as soon as I turned 17, and I was a committed one, there was no fun anymore. It’s the excitement of receiving cards and you don’t know who they are from. Oh, I loved it. The thrill of the game of guessing. Guessing with clues they left in their words. There still were a couple I never found out who the card and in one case gift was from. I think now days, that would be called stalking… I wonder even if young people do such things as send anonymous cards now?

 

For a dear Blogget who isn’t feeling too happy right now, here are a few ridiculous jokes to hopefully give you a little smile.

Did you hear about the Mother who went for vitamins for her young child? The Chemist asked Vitamin A, B or C? the Mother replied. It doesn’t matter, he can’t read yet…

 

One night a mother was putting her daughter who was two and a half to bed. Before bed, the mother showed her little one the moon as it was beautiful. “Who made the moon?”” the mother asked. The little girl replied. God. Who made the stars? God. The mother continued asking who made the trees, the flowers etc?”” same answer came back, God. The Mother asked and who made Daddy?

“Grandma and Grandpa!”” the little not so innocent one replied.

 

And this is true. It was a recording on an Australian tax line. (If you understand English, press one. If you don’t understand English, press two)

Hahaha.

 

A Preacher was to be guest speaker at a local church stopped a young boy on a bike to ask directions to the local post office as he had to post a letter. When the boy gave him details of where he had to be, the Preacher then said thank you, if you come to church tonight, I will tell you how to get to heaven. The boy replied, I don’t think I will be there, you don’t even know your way to the post office.

 

Remember Bloggets, the best thing to hold onto in life is each other.

Well, with the odd exception that one would cheerfully like to drop a couple from a high Cliffe. Haha.

 

You may hold my hand for a while, but you will hold my heart forever.

Laters with more love

 

No comments: