translate

Sunday 10 February 2019

FINDING HEAVEN? BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well again, a blog with such different subjects… it’s just the way my head works…

A lovely Sunday, at least I feel like something is getting done. Painting has begun. I’m having duck egg on the bedroom walls. It’s a blue that sometimes looks like a very subtle green.  I have the matching curtains and bedding. And the light fitting I have is a bird cage. Well not actually a bird cage, but is meant to look like one. It is cream with blue birds embossed on. As the bedding has birds on too. Just every now and then. It’s mainly plain duck egg.  When we moved in, there was a dreadful lot of wood on the walls, that’s all off now. the old radiator has been removed waiting for a new one.

 

Whilst Hub was drilling last night, he said so calmly. “one wrong move and I have lost my fingers.””

Nice. Put it away love and we will get someone to do it… no, we managed. But I think I aged three and a quarter months…

 

I wanted to try to start the paint, but Hub said no. I asked him where was his sense of adventure? If it’s OK for him to do the DIY as a person who is blind, why is it not OK for me to paint as a blind person? Answers on a postcard. Haha.

 

Luckily, he hasn’t attempted to do the electrics. It has been known.

 

I have just groomed our dogs, no one has told them it’s winter as their coats are shockingly being extremely kind in sharing the fur, they have with us. I have groomed them as always outside and left the hair for the birds to make their nests…

 

Storm Erik as it’s called. Has visited us in the UK and claimed three victims. I must say the night before last was the worst I have heard as far as wind is concerned.

 

 People ask me what is the best vitamins to take if you want to keep healthy eyes. Em, what would I know? Hahaha. Seriously, vitamin A, B but I can’t remember if it’s B1, or B2., Zinc protects against cell damage. Lutein, and bilberry extract and oily fish. Keep your eyes protected from the sun by wearing a good pair of sunglasses. Then hopefully you will avoid cataract operations when you are older. Unless you already have something like my eye disease then I’m not sure you can avoid that sadly. I have had both of mine done but I know some people who were fully sighted nothing wrong with their vision then they needed cataracts done. And the end result hasn’t been good. So, try to avoid getting them by protecting your eyes. I’m always telling my Husband when he is working to slope the screen down on his lap top. Though he can’t see any light what so ever, who knows if the light somehow is still doing damage? The only time I need a screen is when my lap top goes wrong and if I can’t fix it, then my Son may need to see it. Otherwise I would never look towards it. As I too slope the lid.

 

I was reading today about a deep-sea dive to the Antarctica. Hundreds of feet down. I’m always interested in deep sea diving and wonder why no one has found something like another world. Technology can’t obviously get as low as one wants as the article, I was reading today said how they worked with manufactures to design a wet suit that kept them warmer. As in the conditions of the sea, in the old suits, they would die within ten minutes it is that cold. But they have these special suits now, so they can stay under water longer and dive deeper with new improved equipment they can last five hours now.

 

It’s so scary they dig down through ten feet of ice. If they dive down and can’t find their hole to come back up, then obviously they will be drowned. The story I read, a man went head first down a hole they dug. Then on his way back up, the ice had started to already frees covering the hole up that he was to come back through. He got a blow to the head as the other guy he was with was frantically digging to keep the hole open. Can you imagine the fear of that? It’s my nightmare to be trapped under water.

 

Seals can dive and when they need air, they somehow manage to find their hole again. But if that hole starts to frees over again? Oh, heck…

 

The divers now use a luminescent yellow rope so they can follow the rope back up again.

 

The new suits have four layers. Thermal underwear, an electrically heated bodysuit, a thick fleece and a thick   layer of waterproof neoprene. I think that is an oily rubber.

 

It takes an hour to get into their suits. Their suits weigh 200 lbs. Imagine that? And, one hour? The divers for five hours documented plant and animal life up  to 230 feet below the surface.

 

When the divers return to land, their skin is all wrinkled. Their lips and legs swollen. When the blood starts to flow again, the pain they said was unbearable. Damaged nerves mean it will take seven months before their tows can once again be felt.

 

Apart from spiders under the sea there are some creatures that have twenty arms. Twenty?  Imagine giving one of those a manicure or pedicure?

 

Some creatures just keep growing until something disturbs them. Wow, what if we, humans did that? And I wonder why they do?

 

But what is under the sea? We always focus above us. How can we go higher than lower? Especially now we have the suits… I guess it’s all to do with how cold the water gets, our equipment isn’t that good, not good enough anyway. Or, perhaps we are just meant to leave their world alone. May be under the water is a perfect land, may be that is where heaven is?

 

 

No comments: