translate

Thursday 21 February 2019

HARD BOILED CHICK BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 It’s a beautiful day, and I have to go and do the doggy doodle garden. And, I really don’t want to. I can’t face it today. I have also got to clean the house which I don’t mind, but ending up with cooking dinner for the family, and that is something else I just can’t face today. I’m bored with the same chores every day. It’s not so much the cooking it’s the thinking of what to cook and then going to find it all. It takes me anything from half an hour to two hours to prepare, ten minutes to eat and another forty minutes to clean up afterwards. So, can take 2 hours and forty minutes for a ten-minute meal.

 

I love to hear my Son enjoy his meal, he is very appreciative and really does like what I cook. But to give him something different every day is difficult. As for Hub, he is as bad. He eats chicken and fish. How many dishes can you cook with chicken and fish? Sometimes I do wonder, if vegan meals are easier?

 

Hub was working from home earlier and has now left to visit a client. So, all morning and part of the afternoon, I have been walking around trying to be as quiet as possible, not being able to do noisy jobs, that is when I should have done the dog garden. Hmm. I just can’t face it. Not today. But I have to. It’s not fair to ask Hub to do it when he gets in as it will be after six, then a quick dinner for him, what? not sure, then turn around and we are back out tonight.

 

No quiz on tonight, but my friend asked me if we will still go out with them for a drink. I’m glad as it’s nice to get out.

 

Remember what I was saying yesterday about how sad I am as a I get excited about strange things, like my new yard brush arriving? Well, keep telling myself if I go and do the dog garden, then I can use my new brush out there on our patio.

Am I inspired to go out there yet?

Naaaaa.

 

I had a great day yesterday as my friend Artie came to see me. We get on so well and have a lovely time together. She brought me a box of chocolates,

 well,

 their gone…

but I did share some with Hub.

3.

And she gave me a stunning what feels like marble stone polished with friendship words on one side and I think she said had a thistle on the other. I told her I collected stones. Well if you know me, you will know I collect everything. But I have two Chrystal dishes on my windowsill on the landing with all kinds of stones in. different colours, shapes and some have words. So, this was a perfect gift.

 

I have to sadly throw away my beautiful daffodils today. The ones my Son bought me. My roses that my big brother bought me are still lovely. His visit on my birthday was so special, I never expected it. His card was really thoughtful too with lovely words. It was so nice to see him.

 

I’m out tomorrow late afternoon. I don’t know where to start, but I need to think about my Sons birthday. It’s days away and I haven’t got him a gift yet. Goodness knows what to get him.

 

I can not believe my baby will be 22.

Did I tell you it was all illegal and I was only 14 when I had him?

Oh, well, how else do I pretend I’m only 34?

If he keeps getting older, I shall have to have a new little brother.

Oh, but hang on, I shall be getting older too, so that won’t work.

 

He of course knows what he is getting from Shamrock. They are going on Holiday number one for the year. Haha, let’s see how many they can do this year? Good on them, BW works hard enough.

 

In our news, Putin is threatening America with Nuclear weapons. He is a scary man. I really wish he would retire and crawl under a large rock.

 

Oh, this may put you off eggs. This is why I really can’t enjoy them as much as I would like to. A 14-year-old boy bought a box of six eggs from his shop in the UK and an incubator for £40. After a few days, he shone the light on the eggs and noticed that one egg had a heartbeat. A month later, a baby duck was born. Did you know that at birth, the egg industry kills all baby boy chicks?  I never knew that and now I do, I’m so disappointed.

 

The thing is, people are going crazy about the thought we may be eating a baby chick if we eat an egg. But those same people will gladly put a full chicken in the oven and enjoy it. Hmm. Double standards, I think.

 

There is nothing nicer than eggy bread don’t you think? Beat a couple of eggs in a dish, add a little salt and pepper. Cut your white bread into triangles and dip them into the egg. Then put them in your frying pan which must be hot. I normally cook it in butter. But I don’t eat them though I love them. My Son used to love that until he became a vegan but sometimes I do them for Hub.

 

Well I have some banking to do and emails to answer, then, the dog garden.

May be! ! !

 

 

 

 

No comments: