translate

Wednesday 14 February 2018

THE PIG IN PASTRY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. I hope I find you well? My Son brought the most delicious cake in from a café called The Pig and Pastry. It’s a fantastic posh café that is far from the norm. I know the owner and she is a lovely lady. But the food I have never tasted until today. Wow, it was a stunning cake if you can call it that, more like a chocolate cake decadent, delicate and delightful. It was the shape of a heart of course with it being Valentine’s day.

 

The cake was made with rose petals. Oh, the flavour was wonderful. I halved it with my love and my lovely Son handed Hub trying to be discrete, a single red rose to give to me. Hub wasn’t quite so secretive and handed me the rose immediately. Smile, our Son is so caring sometimes and wanted to make sure Hub had something for me. And the cake I halved to have something for him. Haha. We are so not into valentine’s day though we adore each other I believe Valentine’s day to be for those who let someone know they are interested an yet keep the mystery going by not quite saying their name on a card etc. That’s what it was like when I was young and as I have written about before, I just loved the mystery of trying to guess who sent the card.

 

My Son has just left the house and he looks as if he is going to a wedding… Thank God he’s not. And he has took Shamrock a rose too. He is taking her to a very exclusive restaurant. Crazy… but I guess you are only young once. Kids today just have nothing to aspire to. Go to the top without an effort.

 

My boy is such a romantic. Not like me, as you may have guessed. And his Dad can be romantic, I guess that is where he has got it from. When my Hub proposed he was very romantic and when he has organised breaks, again, he’s so full of love. And I guess that is where our boy has seen that. But Valentines day? Hmm. I do love it though when my friends get all loved up with their other halves.

 

My friend is coming tomorrow from London, so a lovely day catching up with her. When our friends left yesterday, I was so very sad. Gosh, I can’t believe how I was affected. I guess I miss the company of people close to me. And one of my friends yesterday I have known for ages, years and years. She lives so far away from me. Apart from a couple of girlfriends, all of my friends live a long way. I moved, my fault.

 

It’s funny I don’t feel at home anywhere in England. Not sure if that’s boarding school, though I always refer to my homeland as Northumberland, as that is where I lived most of my life, but since my parents died, nowhere is home now. though I have some beautiful friends there still.

 

Remember my friend Geordie? She’s skiing now in Switzerland. Oh, how lucky, I dream to go there, though wouldn’t put a disaster upon the locals to ski. Not wanting an avalanche to be created.

  

Trying to sort out a 21st gift for my Son. It’s proving to be so very difficult. I mean, what do you buy lads that age? It has to be something special he can keep forever. Hub bought him cufflinks for Christmas. I thought about a ring, do you know how difficult it is to buy rings in a jeweller for men? Apart from a wedding ring or the odd signet ring, there is no more choice. I wonder if it’s this area. It’s a weird place for shopping.

 

Just read the news, another shooting in Florida USA. So very sad. I hate guns but people will never give them up and in the meanwhile, people will continue to use them.

 

Guns kill. They do no good at all. They only have one answer. Murder. Self defence is still murder. Slaughtering of innocent animals too. I guess it goes back to (Two wrongs don’t make a right) so, one gun to kill, another to defend. The outcome is still the same.

 

In the UK, Heathrow airport, a man has been killed on the runway by two vehicles. Awful.

 

The rest of the news involves animals so I don’t want to even report it. All I can say is we live in a disgraceful world, an yet there are so many good people. So, why can’t we hear about them? That is why I used to love holidays, to get away from news. If the news is in another language, we can’t understand what’s going on.

 

I’m going to write now to my sweet friend from South Africa. She is my brick. I hope to write more later. For now, x

 

 

 

 

No comments: