translate

Tuesday 27 February 2018

DIARY AND NEW TECH BY FIONA CUMMINGS


There is some interesting new tech about to come into our lives. More on that in a moment.

Well, a letter today I didn’t want. Another phone call I’m waiting for to clarify. Another few sleepless nights.  And a future I’m so not sure about or want to be true. But on a good note, my work is finished. Fantastic. And, it’s a great job and they haven’t left a mess unlike the dreadful joiner we had to fit our kitchen units. I’m exhausted. I don’t like workmen being here and Hub has had a day off work to keep me right… but, with the letter and other things going on, I wasn’t much company.

 

My Son is meeting with people on Saturday he doesn’t want to meet especially one of them but he is too polite to say no. Such is life. Tomorrow I should go to our town, but not sure how things will work out. I know its due to snow. Again. Today is like a freezer out there.

 

I fear a battle on my hands tomorrow. If ever we need a break, it’s now. Hub has a lot on his mind right now too life happens in such ways everything seems to change at the same time for Hub and myself. But as he keeps saying bless him, we are a team.

 

I made a chilli today. It’s on a plate for Boy Wonder coming home from work. I dread his reaction. His taste buds are very simple and though it’s not very hot as in chilli hot, it’s still chilli! Oh, I pray he will like it as if he doesn’t, I have the guilt of him being hungry. And, I will have to make him something else for tomorrows lunch for work. And, it’s almost 9 p m. So, very late to cook again.

Talking about his lunch. His boss told him today he has been throwing away all his Tupperware that BW has stupidly left at work. Clean, but still left them so the boss chucked them out. Nice, considering how much they cost. We are eight down. So, about £32 worth of Tupperware.  

 

Hub is away again this week. Seriously, every single week this year it seems like he has been away somewhere. Whether it be overnight or just for the day.

 

His meeting is to do with technology and bone conducting headsets for those of us who are blind. Bone conducting? Sounds scary, but also sounds a brand-new way we will be able to get about in the future. For example, we will be told what we are passing but if the chemist we need is behind us on our right, then the voice through earphones will come from behind us on our right. Almost as if the shop is calling out to us.

 

If the pub is in front of us slightly to our left, then the voice will come from there in our headsets. Clever. I know nothing else but when I learn and it’s out there for us to purchase I shall tell you.

But in the meanwhile, this is really interesting.


 

 

 

  

  

No comments: