translate

Tuesday 20 February 2018

ONE DAY WILL COME #PoetryByFionaCummings


ONE DAY WILL COME

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 That day will come around

When my heart shall miss a beat

My hand shall cover my mouth

As my feet, will lift from the ground

I won’t want to hear those words

I’ve been there before and it hurts

I would want to block out all sounds

And go back to yesterday

But as you are getting older

I feel like time is running out

If you ever leave me

For sure I will shout

The question is will you hear me?

Will you understand what it’s all about?

I want to hang onto every word you speak

And treasure the days we meet

But I know you’re getting older

And one day I will have to face

That very lonely future

Where you were, will leave a space

I will want to call you like I used to

But the dial will be without a trace

You know how much I love you

But still you have to go away

You don’t have the choice

You will hear the voice

And you will know it’s your day

Time to visit those who left you

In the same way

How happy you will be

And I hope you’ll remember me

As when my time comes to visit you once again

I can kiss goodbye to my pain

But in the meanwhile

We meet we smile

And until that day comes around

I shall hang onto you for a while

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

No comments: