translate

Monday 19 February 2018

MONDAYS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. Today is the first time I have been on my own for a week. And, I don’t like it, as being on my own, means housework… My dog is sulking because her Daddy and little Fella are at work. It’s eleven now, and she’s still in her bed. With the face on. Boy Wonder has just left for work he got in about two this morning. It’s all very odd. He went out on a works night out yesterday. A meal and drinks afterwards. Shamrock kindly picked him up and they went back to hers. At midnight. Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but if it’s 12 am, would you not just come home to bed? Weird. Simply weird. Sham should have been tucked up in her bed as she too has work today… They say I’m old fashioned…. Well, old fashioned is good, sensible. Anyway, he had a good night with his staff/colleagues.

 

Oh, today is going to be a difficult one. Hopefully more on that later on in the week. I have a meeting I’m anxious about and preparation for more people coming, this time not friends, but more workmen. Oh, yes, something has to be done about our ceiling it’s been leaking from the shower for a few months, well before Christmas. Apart from it’s right above Hubs piano, it’s once again, just like last year, heading towards the centre light in our lounge. This house, really is, the house that Jack built. Whoever that Jack was, he’s a baddin.

 

Since Hub’s been off work spending a birthday week with me, I have put on so much weight. It’s awful. 6 and a quarter lbs. about 2.8 kg. we went for meals out and had an Indian take out as well as my delicious birthday cake from my friend that I still have nine slices left… You should have seen the size of it though… And, it was the best fruit cake that I have ever had. Hub said it’s rare to get a cake that tastes perfect and is perfectly decorated. To get both is rare. My ex mother in law made the best Christmas cakes, she was a great cook for cakes, but I think for taste, this one at least, equals it but the decoration tops it. and, the cakes that my Son bought me and one from our friends, well, what can I say… no blooming wonder I’m the size I am. You know those rubber gloves you can buy to use in the kitchen? Have you ever blown one of those up to look all inflated?

No? You haven’t?

Why?

Well, imagine one of those! 

That’s me!!!! Flabby inflated Fi!

So, attractive. At least I still have my hair. That’s what my dear Mum used to say, “Our Fiona, don’t cut your hair short, that’s all you have left going for you….””

Oh, she was full of love. Hahaha.

 

For those living in the UK, I shopped on line at Sainsbury’s for the first time in shock, four years. Wow, I’m impressed. Last time I tried, it was really difficult, but I think that was on line, now I have my iPhone, I downloaded the App and it’s so accessible. I love it. I wanted to try that shop, as really our other two shops Morrisons and Ocado

 Are the best, I love them and especially Ocado they have things you don’t normally see on line, but they are so, expensive. Well, people have been saying Sainsbury’s are cheaper. So, I tried. Yes, my bill was less money, but, I didn’t find anything too exciting. So, let’s see what I think of the products tomorrow.

 

Next thing big is my Sons 21st birthday. Goodness knows what we will do for that. I’m slightly stressed. Unlike most parents, I don’t have one contact of his friends, so, I can’t organise any kind of party for him. I know none of his friend’s parents either. We moved to this area, when my Son was 15, So, no need for me to go to the school gates no way of meeting parents or friends. I have seen some of his friends as they come here, but as far as further contact, no.

 

Did you hear we had an earthquake in the UK? I didn’t even know we got them. How naive am I? Other people seemed to know, just not me. Obviously, thankfully I haven’t been in the areas where those things have been happening. Apparently, events of such magnitude, occur in the UK, every 3 to five years. This one was the largest one in ten years. The last earthquake happened in Lincolnshire in 2008 with a magnitude of 5.2If I read correctly, I think there has been ten deaths in the UK from earthquakes and the biggest one on record was 6.1. They are so scary I think my American cousins and all of you across the world who experience them all the time, are so brave.  I get scared when there’s lightning…

Well, I, hope you are all well?  For a lot of you, this year has started off in a bad way. I haven’t heard of one positive thing that has happened to any of my Bloggets. So, whatever is going on in the atmosphere, I hope the Spring will bring new air, new feelings of positivity. A new start.

 

On that note just before I go to work, I will leave you with a few Monday uplifting words.

It’s Monday, the start of a working week, so, let’s believe this is the day that starts what could be a week of something magnificent that is about to happen in your life.

 

Spend your spare time this week with who makes you happy, not who you have to impress.

If you show a smile, others around you will reflect in your joy, and will fill your office, or place of work, or household, with good vibes. Even if you have to paint your smile on, you will be infectious and others around you will feed you with positive feelings.

 

OK Monday, we’ve got this.

 

 

 

 

  

 

No comments: