translate

Monday 26 February 2018

MY MONDAY MORNING MADNESS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Oh, my goodness. It’s all going on. Gosh, I can’t remember the last time my house was so busy. There are three vehicles outside two workmen and our piano tuner. Yes, whilst banging of hammers are going on my piano tuner is trying to tune the piano. The poor guy just wants to get on with it and Hub keeps going in there to remind him which part or key isn’t working well, haha.

“Hub love, that’s his job, he knows? Or he should…””

 But it’s precious to Hub. Oh, but the funny thing is, I turned the clock off so it didn’t chime… Hub didn’t know I did this and went to do it so all we heard was Westminster bells bonging… Hub said oh, no Fiona, did you already turn it off? Yep… Then he had to go back passing the piano tuner following the workmen out whilst they got stuff from their van etc, and then they all walked past him again and just as we thought he had peace, in walked Boy Wonder who had been to the gym… for a shower. Hahaha. Bless, he’s not keen on having a bath. He is missing his shower. As are we. I’m sick now and just want the work to be done. I have hope for today. My singing bathroom fitter hasn’t turned up yet, only his two young lads who are banging drilling and goodness knows what else above our piano tuner. Oh, my. How can he tune this? On top of all that noise, our lovely friend, keeps answering my messages I left her this morning. Through our speakers around our house, our Alexa speakers. So, every time she leaves a message, what a sound blasts through. As, with the work that is going on, we have them louder than what we normally do! At least she has provided us with a laugh today. She’s the best. Her humour is so dry. She’s a treasured friend. Hub loves her he says she is what she is and he really likes and respects her for that.

 

So, BW came in from the gym, had breakfast. As we are all in the dining room with the two dogs as don’t want them to run out whilst the guys are here, Waggatail decides among the piano sounds, Alexa ringing, coffee machine buzzing, hammering, drilling and BW cooking, to do an impression of throwing up… thankfully she didn’t bother continuing, but the noise?

 

And snowing outside, this is my morning so far!

 

 

 

No comments: