translate

Wednesday 28 February 2018

INTUITION BY FIONA CUMMINGS


INTUITION

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

My heart is saddened by all around

My soul is gladdened by what I’ve seen

My feet are firmly on the ground

 My life is fulfilled by where I have been

My inquisitive nature needs to learn more

But my memory blocks out times as if a locked door

Though my dreams tell me I’ve visited there before  

And my heart says don’t go there again

But my curiosity kills the cat

And for punishment I say that’s that

Enough is enough

Take the smooth with the rough

And the tough with the calm

Know when times are a challenge

And danger is close

Peace will hold out an arm

And thorns will be removed from the rose

 Take a deep breath

And don’t dance with death

Although I feel bereft

I tell a tale of wrest

And wait for the best

Hum a tune to the musician

Who helps me to make that decision

 So, I guess what I am saying

Is trust in your intuition

Know you will be alright

Hold on tight

Find the light

Fly like the kite

And be guided by the stars at night

© Fiona cummings

 

No comments: