translate

Thursday 22 February 2018

DIARY OF WORDS AND ... BY FIONA CUMMINGS


My Work is getting done, and I think my guy is the fittest I have ever had working in my home. Gosh, he runs up and down the stairs moving so fast even when talking to me. He carries such heavy items too. He’s a happy chappie for sure. Sings all the time.

He’s a good whistler!

 

Just been talking with my Geordie friends Mum. We had a lovely chat for an hour. And tomorrow I have a break from my house as I go out with my dearest pal Geordie. Before I see her, I already miss her, as we won’t see each other again until about six to eight weeks. I’m seeing her tomorrow as she was abroad in luxury as she is my footballer’s wife… when it was my birthday. So, tomorrow, she is treating me to afternoon tea… that will be so special but the best thing, will be her company. If I was to move to this area for one reason, it would be to have met her. Though hers and mine hometown is Newcastle, we ended up living here.

 

I was just saying to another friend from Northumberland where my last house was, I really am wanting to move back there.  I just wish my ex would emigrate. Then I would really think about it. I miss the clean air and water, and I would see my other friends more, but, I would miss the new friends I have made here. After our last visit to our city I for the first time, hated it. I’m not a city girl.       When Hub and I first got together, we used to go into London a lot, oh, I really really don’t like it. I like peace and calm. And London, isn’t that. They do get the best theatre though, if I could I would visit the theatre every few weeks. I just love it especially as I now know all about audio description!

 

I made Hub a fish pie last night for dinner. I was so anxious. I have never done that before. I didn’t have a recipe as I never really go by recipes if I see something that looks nice, I take a glance or audio, smile, and then make my own mind up what goes in it or how it’s cooked, but I didn’t even do that with the fish pie. I bought a fish pie mix and put it in a sauce pan with milk. Added black pepper and kept stirring on simmer. Then I bought some frozen cod in parsley sauce, the kind you put in a pan of water and boil. So, a cheat really. Then made some mash potatoes added lots of butter. Put all the fish in a oven dish and poured the cod and sauce over the top added the potato and put it in the oven for just over half an hour. Then added some grated cheese turned the oven off and left it to stand in there for ten minutes. Oh, I was so scared, what would it turn out like? My workmen were here and I can tell you, it didn’t smell appetising. Oh, my goodness, I hate fish, I hated fish when I ate meat, so now, it’s doubly disgusting.

 

I had my windows open, plug in air fresheners turned on. Oh, heck, still the smell was vile. As for the taste? Hub absolutely loved it and if he didn’t he wouldn’t hide it. As for the dinner I made for Boy Wonder? Another story. I was tired and had a hard day. I opened tinned tomatoes to make a sauce. Only they weren’t tomatoes. It was tomato soup.

And?

Same difference…

Well that’s all it took for BW to tell me what he thought of his meal. I wouldn’t care, I loved it.

 

BW told me he was going on holiday for his 21st. God knows where and as for Shamrock, she is planning it but doesn’t know if it’s in Europe or not. As I said, God knows… It would be good if she knew what part of the world she was going to…

 

It’s a secret from her to our Son. It will be the first secret she has been able to keep. Smile. I will learn when he is at the airport. He is seeing my ex on his birthday, he is bringing one of his women, BW really doesn’t like her, so sadly for him it won’t be a good day, but his choice.

 

Right now, life is in limbo, everything about our life. not sure which direction to go in and this is the first time ever in my world I have not known what to do. You know when there are no sensible options?

 

My workman now has his radio on and he is listening to radio India… well, it’s Indian music. He’s not Indian, he’s on his own admission, bright ginger, but he knows this tune very well, as he is whistling it pitch perfect. May be his wife is Indian?

 

He can’t get over just how young Wagga tail looks. Everyone says she looks like a puppy. And, acts like one too. Her black fur is so shiny silky. Last night we were watching TV and she had a dream oh, my, you should have heard her? I have never heard anything quite like it. She was growling and barking she never barks unless Hub is playing rough with her she likes nothing better. I remember when BW was much younger, he and Hub used to play wrestling BW loved it too, smile, I used to shout at them both as if both, of them were kids.

 

For those who have emailed me asking if my prayers had been answered no, not at all. And for the first time in my life I have reached anger point. I’m actually angry. Beyond frustration. Time is running out and there is no help. I’m so sad and disappointed. I told you that some weeks ago there was a light of hope, but that light quickly went out.

 

Hub working from home tomorrow, looking after the house, mind you, he normally spends all day on the phone when he works from home, so not sure how much sense the workmen will get out of Hub, but I’m so out of here. I just wish it was for longer.

 

Before I go, some words

 The English language is spoken in most countries, but it can’t be that easy, with contradicting rules, incredibly unique words, confusing idioms and for such a small country, so many different accents! Stop being a nincompoop, and let’s try to learn a little. Hahaha. I just love that word nincompoop. Meaning foolish person. Bumfuzzle, have you heard of that word? Meaning confused. Collywobbles, I love that too. Meaning, a strange feeling in one’s stomach. The word comes from the disease cholera. Flibbertigibbet, isn’t that a great word? Let’s hear or see that word again. Flibbertigibbet, referring to someone who is silly and talks none stop…   

“Stop it… Now cheeky chops…

I’m having none of that malarkey… Meaning talk that is foolish…

Comeuppance, meaning someone will get their just desserts. Or a better way they will get what they deserve as to say someone will get their just desserts, sounds like you will grant them delightful puddings, but I know this word (Comeuppance) as in he will get his comeuppance as a bad thing… As in what goes around comes around.

 

A word I hate is awesome, I’m not sure where this originates from but I guess it’s not English? As when I first used to hear this word, it was used by lots of my American friends, but now in England we use it a lot. Well, others do, I just really don’t like that word, it sounds cold, really a cold word.

 

On that cold note, I shall put my heating up as it’s getting a little chilly. 0 today, but sunny. Oh, and today I woke to no heating or hot water… not fun, but my workman fixed it eventually when he came… at eleven. And as for my resident plumber of a Hubster, he was at work. For a person who is blind, my Husband has multi talents. Smile. Though I have to confess, I don’t like it when he has a screwdriver out and is holding wires.

 

Until later. Take care.

 

 

  

No comments: