translate

Sunday 6 April 2014

YOU, YOU, YOU BY FIONA CUMMINGS


YOU, YOU, YOU

By Fiona Cummings

 

 Sharp glass

Fell from my past

Nothing good will ever last

I thought you were along the path

I shocked myself how I learned to laugh

But the joke was on me

You stole my family

Chased my heart

Foolishly I trusted from the start

Before my mind began to part

My soul died

My heart cried

My neighbour inside was dead

My hunger could not be fed

I put you first

A drink was given to me

But I couldn’t satisfy the thirst

I thought my veins were going to burst

What did I do that was not true?

 I dedicated my life to you

Yes, it was you, you, you

And you took

Shredded and burned

I should have learned

So many lessons

Counted my blessings

And ran to the hills

The damage hurts so much

The pain it kills

I just bleed for your touch

Nothing is certain

I’m here, you are behind the curtain

Casting a tall depressing shadow

Suffocating me with your hypothetical pillow

Running to your other life

Removing me like the dirt on your shoe

Blocking my every view

What did I ever do to you

But live for you

Adore you

 Yes it’s you, you, you

Do you know what you have done?

Removed my legs so I can’t run

Tied my hands behind my back

So I can’t touch

I can’t reach out

Wrapped a scarf covering my mouth

My voice can’t shout

Put your fingers into my eyes

I no longer know the truth because of your lies

So I can’t see

This is what you have done to me

Pushed wool into my ears

Wired my brain to show only fear

I’m just waiting patiently

Until an angel comes to me

Takes me away from you

Puts out the fire

The devil started

Replaces my desire

Heals me as I’m broken hearted

I hope to fly soon

Leave this prison of a room

But I can’t help but love you

And wish you felt the same

Nothing you can do now

Will ever remove the pain

I’m going insane

To you this is a great game

How could you

Why did you

What on earth did I ever do to you?

No comments: