translate

Saturday 5 April 2014

FREE IN AMERICA


Good evening. Today has been one of difference. After a very late, or early depending on your view, it was after two this morning when I fell in my slumber waking up about five times before I eventually got out of bed for the day!

Hub and I have been living on our nerves for the past few months and have not been sleeping longer than half eight each morning, but today? Hmm. Half ten.

Had breakfast, our boy had already got up, and was eating a bacon sandwich watching some blooming awful American show he loves. Something like two and a half men. Not sure after catching glances of the program that the half because the makers of the program can’t spare any more money on the show. As obviously the budget was rather tight?

Or could that be my age?

Then after doing a bit of tidying up, we all sat outside and Teen lit our chiminey. It took ages to get a hold, but at last, a flame. Then I had a blonde moment. I heard the sirens and said allowed.

“Haha, the fire brigade obviously think there is a huge fire?”

The smoke was going crazy. Then reality kicked in.

The sirens were from someone’s house alarm. Hahahahehehehehe.

Oh well, let’s hope not too many people were in their gardens at that point?

We sat in the sun eating chocolate until the rain decided to visit us.

A strange day kind of surreal.

A bit worried about Teen as he’s not too well. Has had a bad stomach for weeks now. Can’t eat at meal times then is starving but can’t eat proper meals. Just snacks.

I have eaten loads of olives. Oh I love them. Anyway, my boy is now out with a nice friend playing pool.

Hub gave him some money as he has nothing. He’s officially what we call

Skint.

My little Waggatail has very strange looking ears and we are a little concerned about them. They are really thick on the ends and feel awful. We have some special conditioner for dogs and Hub has put that on her.

My Black beauty is causing a bit of bother. She is getting a little what I call loose.

She doesn’t ever make it now to the dog run.

Not being able to see, this is a nightmare for us?

Long Chops though is doing fine. As is our Canary. He’s Irish you know? Smile.

Tonight Hub and I watched the UK’s “The voice.” Well, a man called Jamain spelt wrong, won.

I tell you he is world class. I love him. He will be huge in America.

What has tomorrow in store for us? Not sure yet. I would love to get in a car and drive the family somewhere, to have a pick nick or just feel the sea air. I would love that freedom. I would love to be free from chains. We can get places but only places we have been taught how to get to. These places are so limited. It’s totally depressing.

All of my friends have family members who can see so will be able to take them wherever they wish to go, having said that, I wonder how many friends have family members who are prepared to take them?

Oh when we went to America to stay with our dear friends, we were free. It was fantastic. I loved it and have the fondest memories of the most perfect time ever. I was part of a loving family and felt so normal. I will never forget going with my dearest friend I call Yam to paint a mirror. Me paint? I first died with blood flowing to my face, as who would believe I was painting? Who would actually allow a blind person loose with a brush and paint? I was the girl I used to be. The sun shone on me and my loved ones every day. It was as if I had gone to heaven and I never wanted to leave.

So sad it had to end. We were miles away from pain and miles away from life as we knew it. We had eyes. That’s what it felt like. Eyes that could see. I can’t put into words what an amazing place that was an amazing time and people. My Son went to our friend’s ranch and did horse riding on our friend’s horse. I felt so proud of him. Our friend was so kind and patient with him and my friend took my boy clay pidgin shooting. The man who helped teen who was 12 at the time was a teacher for those who were wishing to do this as a professional sport and that man still to this day, never misses my boys birthday or Christmas. A true gentleman. My Son was happy then. I so wish for those days to return?

   

No comments: