translate

Thursday 10 April 2014

DIARY AND BENIFITS


Good evening Bloggets. After writing to our local MP, and talking to a lot of people on the phone and at least fifty emails sent to all kinds of agency’s we think we have a step forward as to getting Hub to work. We do have to pay an amount this we don’t mind at all. But we will be getting help from access to work with part of the journey. Oh thank God for this, now he can work and get there without any stress. I felt like a champagne cork had been popped today at the relief from all the stress was released. I think now we can say my Husband has a job and he can get there. How long for as the word is the office will be moving further? But live for today and today it is less than an hour away and he will be able to get there.

Oh Bloggets but the battle we have had has been just dreadful. Last night I went to bed and tossed and turned got up at half two and stayed up until half six as my heart was killing. I felt as though a balloon was being blown up inside my chest. As the balloon got bigger, I couldn’t breathe properly. I had that anxiety feeling whereby I felt like someone was sitting on my chest and suffocating me with a thick woollen blanket. It took me about three hours to calm down. It’s awful through the night when you feel so alone and are in such a state? My Hub goes mad with me as he asks why didn’t I wake him up? But Why? For what? To stress him out too? Life of late has been tough enough for him. Not knowing if we can keep our house, or where we will end up living? Now thanks to access to work agreeing that they will help financially with taxi’s to work, Hub can take his job and work to his best ability and make changes for the better for blind people in our region.

It’s been a battle and at last we are winning. 

So now start to chill.

Did I tell you about my coffee tables? The really inexpensive ones I bought or should I say Hub bought from Amazon. They were ridiculously cheap. £46 so we did wonder what on earth they would be made from.

I wondered rubber? Haha. But then I thought no, rubber would be more expensive than that.

They came yesterday and Hub and I put them together. I love assembling furniture. It is one part of my brain that works really well.

Now then Bloggets….. Stop it? It’s not the only part of my brain that works. Hahahaha.

Well, they said they were piano black this is what I wanted so you can imagine my fear as I felt shiny kind of woodish material on the top, but Hub said it was a film to cover the top. I began to peal it off thinking, God; I hope it is a film and not the topping of our classy furniture? Hahahehhehee.

It was film and now our nest of tables are looking… Em? Well, how can I put this? They are kind of shall I say useful?

Watched telly tonight with our boy and had a lovely evening. We watched a rather controversial program about people in the UK on benefits for housing. I couldn’t believe it. Some families are earning double on benefits than what my Husband will be earning as a manager working full time. The people on the program hardly could speak English and were getting so cross that they would have their benefits stopped unless they found work. How dare they? I was annoyed as they had five and seven children and having more kids, complaining that the government were not going to continue handing out money.

I just don’t get it, what gives people the right to expect so much having not paid a penny tax or contributed to anything at all?

    If they were given a house and it was small, they were saying they wanted bigger. If I wasn’t a big house, I have to buy it? They were given washing machines and a cooker fridge and freezer too. I can’t get those. We have to work or save for our white goods.

But I do feel the program was a bit unfair and one sided as there will be people on benefits who work and have one two or even three children or who are looking for work. Now I don’t think their benefits should be stopped, but I do feel like those who keep having kids and get so very angry deserve nothing.

I have a great day out with our friend Di at the weekend and I’m really looking forward to it. Tomorrow I hope to go out to our local shops with Teen.

That will be nice; he’s been great all week. He had a lovely night yesterday, stayed out all night with his friends in one of his pal’s houses. A friend I like a lot. In fact I do like most of his friends, but this one is my favourite. Next week we are visiting my friend’s house too all of us on the train and a very posh meal is planned for us. My friend is a fantastic cook.

OK, I will go for now, just a bit of my diary for today. My jobs for tomorrow are to get on my knees and clean our floor tiles, nice, right? Now, where’s me knee pads? Hahaha. X

 

 

No comments: