translate

Wednesday 9 April 2014

SHADOWS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Shadows

By Fiona Cummings

 

 Standing here alone shivering

Seeing shadows just listening

Heart beating my skin about to tear

Footsteps behind me

But no one’s there

Just rustling leaves around the tree

I’m so lost

Nobody to trust

I know I should move away from fear

But a blanket of silence is all I can hear

Put my foot out

I wasn’t to shout

As my step goes into air

Hold out my hand

The mist of another land

Grabs me

I’m trapped I need a key

I can’t see

Blindfolded by whom

I’m out of the room

In the big bad world

A silver moon

The odd street light

Kind of amber shaded by gold

So much I need a hand to hold

What do I do?

Standing under a ink sky of blue

The oaks point their long fingers

A damp smell lingers

I feel the steam from heavy breathing

I’ve cut myself and I’m bleeding

No one has died but I’m grieving

This is so ridiculous

Why can’t I just walk forward?

My mind is in such a mess

It can’t be so hard

I can stand still

Wait for the kill

Or run like hell

And get to my destination

For fill my reservation

And have a story to tell

Others go out without a worry

Take their time nothing needs to be a hurry

 Me? I thought I was being brave

Little did I know I would be introduced to my grave

 

A poem I wrote in fear of the darkness and being alone

No comments: