translate

Wednesday 16 April 2014

I FELL


Good day Bloggets. How are you all today? So my day out yesterday, began with the preparing my guide dog Waggatail for her big day out. You know the day when she would prove herself to my Husband? The day when she showed her mummy what a good guide dog she was and not sniff or go into the opposite direction to where I want her to go? You know to stop at steps and not pollute in our town? Yep, that day!

Well, we left the house and Long Chops was not impressed as she got left with old Black Beauty in the house. It was the first day we had paid a lady from a company to visit our house and stay with them for a while and let them in their garden for us half way through the day. What would the dogs think of her? How would they be? Funny thing I wasn’t anxious I trusted in the girl. I also was OK as knew that LC had a really busy day the day before on the river and around our town and as far as old BB, she loves to sleep and eat, so that was fine.

Oh, Waggatail thought she was the important one as she walked out of our door, head held high. That glory didn’t last for long as I reassured my Husband and Son that I would be fine with Wagga.

Then before the bus, she walked me right into someone’s front lawn. Up the step I almost went flying. Just to sniff the grass. Oh I felt so annoyed with her as really, we had been left the house ten seconds.

Anyway, I told her off and she then was OK got to the bus stop and we waited a few moments got on and she was a great traveller.

When we arrived to our town, we had a five minute walk to the train station. Of course Waggatail tried and tried to sit and mark her spot. Oh I was cross as there was no need. She had been to the toilet three times that morning. Anyway, we got to the station and up and down loads of steps. I didn’t work her as she was impossible. Just sniffing all the time, pulling me from left to right and stopping all the time to sniff somewhere else. It was just awful and I had to admit defeat. I was really fed up and rather upset as so wanted a guide dog this time who would work. Two I have had now have both been terrible. My Wagga is great finding our local shops but only when I have arrived at the shops. Not getting there.

The noise was awful. I want to visit a field in the middle of nowhere. I am not used to city life and find it rather brain bashing. The sounds of the holiday people and suitcases mixed in with cars busses so many voices of all languages and the screeching from the trains as well as me getting in a flap about my dog not doing as she should turned my hearing into a spin. I didn’t even know that my Son had told me we were going onto the train. Next thing I knew, I fell

I’m very tall and my whole length of my leg went down the gap between the edge of the train and the platform.

The pain was awful. I was in so much shock too as I really didn’t know what was happening? You know when things happen in slow motion? Oh God I just wanted to go home. I hadn’t got over the trauma of the day before let alone this day too!

So my Husband could say I told you so, but he didn’t. He was fine but I knew he was thinking that.

My Dog didn’t want to get on the train.

My Husband put her on as I hobbled to my seat. I thought my leg was bleeding. The pain was dreadful. Wagga in shock as she is rather sensitive to me and hurting, so was concerned, but she lie under the seat and fell asleep.

My leg was swelling up. But I didn’t think any blood.

I felt dizzy and sleepy too I think that was the shock. I really thought I was going to fall down the full track and end up under the train, but as my kind teen reassured me, saying

“Mum, the gap wasn’t that big”!” Haha! Cheek?

Anyway, got off that first train onto the second and to our friends house.

We only stayed there two minutes and left the poor Wagga with my friends two huge dogs. I wanted to take her but our other friend has a load of cats so had to leave my girl behind with the others. My friend has two pet dogs and really they are huge and one is a bit of a nag. She doesn’t care much for other dogs, so I was rather apprehensive.

Well, we went for lunch and during it, I received a call from the dog sitter saying everything is OK.

So I could relax knowing my girls are well. As for Waggatail? Hmm after a lovely meal all home made by our friend, I left to go to my other friends house where Wags was. She was fine, absolutely great, no blood. Haha. My boy spent time with our friends Husband playing with boys toys. Then time to go home on the dreaded train again.

It was fine though and today my legs move. Just. I all night was shaking just having flash backs of falling but I’m OK another day another $

 

No comments: