translate

Friday 18 April 2014

SAVING THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY By Fiona Cummings


SAVING THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

I put on my purple clogs

My hat and apron

Time to make chocolate jumping frogs

And bouncing bunny’s gaping

Two smarty eyes

And a jellybean for a nose

Bless Carter, he tries

But why he can’t do this? No one knows

He will always be the new starter

Learning from Melanie, Paddy’s daughter

She told us we had to hurry

As the chocolate queen was full of fury

As there was a threat to the factory

The Queen said it was to close

They were behind in the Easter order

The profits were quarter

 The invoices shows

So my help was required

The workers already I admired

They worked day and night

And put up a fight

To save this factory

A place of melting mystery

I filled the moulds

Ellie piped on words so bold

Her steady hand

Never hot nor too cold

Such a wonderful land

How lucky I am

Looking over to the baby in a pram

As his Daddy sang

And Noddy’s bell rang

Time for the next shift

I handed out my gifts

Some bright yellow daffodils

In a basket with a handle

But everything was minuscule

The size of a birthday candle

I’m not a fool

I knew a full size anything

Would spoil this day in spring

As not one of my chocolate friends

Would be able to lift a large present

To see happy faces

Was ever so pleasant

On with the work

So the queen wouldn’t go berserk

So much to do

And in little time

But whatever we made

Would be mighty fine

 A chocolate Easter chick

With one flick

Would open to reveal

 To some children

A perfect choice of a meal

Chocolate flakes

And fairy cakes

A ginger bread man

With chocolate buttons

Who would run as fast as he can

Being chased by the new born kittens

Who would guard the factory from mice

Oh there were jars of all sorts

Sugar and spice

Hundreds and thousands

And nuts for the fountains

Dishes of strawberry’s

And tree’s made from lollies

I had to help to save this place

To close it would be a disgrace

It is here, you always see a happy face

No comments: