translate

Tuesday 31 July 2018

THE ANNIVERSARY WALTZ BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE ANNIVERSARY WALTZ

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

We should have been dancing

Sipping on a cool drink chatting

I’m here on my own

I can’t even pick up the phone

You were taken

Far too early, it was a mistake and

Now it’s our anniversary, and

It’s you I’m missing

Inside I’m broken

Words need to be spoken

But you can’t hear me

You can’t see me

Reach out to me

Or can you?

I love you

Need you and wish you were by my side

If you can see me, hear me

You will know of the tears I have cried

We should be laughing now

But I can’t

Tell me how?

We were meant to be together forever

You left too soon

I look to the stars, the moon

Are you up there

If not where?

I just want proof that you are waiting

I remember the days when we were dating

I was so very much in love

Hands together, I look above

Happy Anniversary

To my only love

 

© Fiona Cummings

For P & D The love you both have is too strong to never be again.

 

 

No comments: