translate

Monday 23 July 2018

A DIARY AND A BLACK HOLE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


OK it’s officially too hot now. Enough already. Today started with a delicious breakfast a treat from our Son. He’s so very kind. He drove me and his Dad to a place Hub and I have always wanted to go to as it has such an amazing reputation. The breakfast was wonderful. I had a toasty with thick mushrooms fried onions though I could not really taste the onions and really thick cheese, sweet chilli sauce and some kind of pepper or herb. My boy had a mushroom and halloumi burger and Hub had a bacon sausage and mushroom bun. It was so big he couldn’t get his mouth around it….

I’m being good…

  Saying nothing. Note?

 

We had lovely coffee Hubs had chocolate on top and we had dessert, well Boy Wonder and I shared one it was home made waffles with syrup in a tiny glass to put as much on as you wish and came with blueberries, strawberries and bananas. Oh, my goodness they were the best waffles I have ever had.

 

I even got a take away carrot cake. And then when I went to pay, BW said it’s already paid for. Bless him. I told him I would put the money back in his bank but he said he would be hurt if we did. It’s a shame as it would have cost a fortune. It’s far from cheap. I will think of some way to give him money though, it’s part of Hubs Father’s Day gift. As tomorrow Hub is going flying, he didn’t want to do breakfast like BW wanted him to as Hub said he may be a funny colour if he is so high in the sky…

 

It’s really uncomfortably hot here though. And is going to be hotter tomorrow.

 

Yesterday I spent time hanging a couple of pictures in my house. Thankfully they look straight… and they seemed to have stayed up. And, I didn’t go through any electrical cable…

 

So, todays subject. Blackholes.

Don’t think that a black hole is a space. It’s a great amount of matter packed into a small area. Imagine a star ten times bigger than the sun, squeezed into a sphere about the diameter of New York City.  The result is a gravitational field so strong that nothing not even light, can escape. Recently NASA instruments have painted a new picture of strange objects.  The most interesting objects in space.

 

It’s all overwhelming if the mass is three times the size of the sun a black hole can tear a star apart. The hole can eat up stars but around the hole new stars can grow.

 

In the milky way, it’s said that there are up to a billion black holes. And there are some super massive black holes that are billions of   times as big as the sun. wow, I never knew that until this week. Did you?  

 

Hub and I have just been talking about black holes and he was saying that when we look at a star, not that he and I do, but you may, by the time we look at it, it’s not even there as it was there so many years ago, as they could be millions of light years away, so when we look at a star, as I asked, what exactly are we looking at?

 

It’s written that stars are formed by dust clouds. As the cloud collapses, a dense hot core, forms and begins gathering dust and gas. Not all of this material ends up as a star, the remaining parts, can become planets, asteroids, so bits of rock for example, or comets. When a comet is near the sun, it releases gas.

 

A star the size of our sun requires about fifty million years to mature from the beginning to adulthood. Small stars are called red dwarfs and medium are white dwarfs. White dwarfs are the size of earth. Gosh, I really am shocked how big stars are.

 

Going back to black holes. What would happen if someone was to fall into a black hole?

 Well, you never know…

You may expect to be crushed or torn to pieces, but in fact the instant you entered into a black hole, reality would split in two. In one you would be incinerated and on the other hand, you would plunge into the black hole totally unharmed.

 

Fact is though, no one knows what happens when we would go through a black hole, another universe, Oblivion? I believe another world. May be that is where our spirit goes when we die. Why don’t we send the worst prisoners up there with a camera? Haha.

 

Apparently if we were to go up or through one, everything would go slowly. There is no air so we can’t talk and we turn into dust. Ashes to ashes dust to dust?

Time only goes forward never backwards. So, heading towards a black hole is a bit like that, once on our way, there’s no coming back to earth. But, what sucks us in? Who? Are we reborn?

 

And then it is written about quantum physics. And then it is when I say nighty night for now and no dreaming about falling through a black hole.

 

    

  

No comments: