translate

Monday 9 July 2018

AT ONE #PoetryByFionaCummings


AT ONE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 As the breeze blows against my face

I feel so at one visiting this place

As I kneel on the willowy grass

I’m calm at last

Nature to my knees

Branches from ancient oak trees

Forming a shadow

In this vast meadow

No voices can be heard

Only a song from a bird

Bathing in a nearby stream

Fluffing its wings looking so supreme

I hear the sheep

But I’m not counting as don’t want to sleep

This land speaks

Nature weeps

For man is murdering it

Bit by bit

So, I want to stay awake

Keep walking until a I get to the big lake

In the meanwhile, I shall rest

Next to the very best

Bluebells bow

To a passing cow

The beautiful sky as if to kiss

The green grass

If this all goes

It will be such a miss

But in the meanwhile, I will enjoy

For my future I will have to reminisce

Picking up my paper bag

From a picnic I just had

Time to climb those hills

A pathway framed by daffodils

Up and over

Among clover

And down to the beautiful lake

Everything here is so real nothing fake

The majestic swans swim with such pride

As a duck takes a ride

Fish jump

I perch on a tree stump

The silver shimmer

From the distant river

The shades of green

 The most beautiful thing I have ever seen

The clean blue water in the lake

Flying just above is a drake

The air is so clean

This part of the world is the most beautiful I have ever seen

I wish everyone appreciated this, just like me

Before we lose it and it becomes only a memory

Only a dream

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

No comments: