translate

Thursday 19 July 2018

HE @PoetryByFionaCummings


HE

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

When I am here

I think of him

He’s on my mind

I adore him

When I’m walking among leaves

He’s by my side

When I’m sad

he wipes tears I’ve cried

when I laugh

his smile I see

if only he

belonged to me

when I take a drink

I stop to think

He’s there again

When I put head to pillow

I know what is to follow

He’s holding me

And loving me within

I dream of him

Over and over again

I reach out my arms

But he’s not there

And I wonder

Is he with her?

I close my eyes

And escape my world

And there he is

Standing bold

Keeping me warm

 From the cold

His gentle hand

I hold

I taste his kiss

As he loves me

And as we drift

He comes back to me

But he doesn’t know all this

 I’m his mystery

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

No comments: